Current time: 05-05-2024, 09:48 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Automatic subdomain creation PLUS more...
bulforce Offline

Automatic subdomain creation PLUS more...
Hello Everybody,

I have a little problem trying to figure out few things... Here is what i am trying to achieve.

I want users(random surfers) to be able to create new websites automatically as subdomains(for now, later as domains too).
But note that the site cannot be blank, i want them to have pre-installed CMS that i already have.

Currently i successfully created a web form that asks the user for the desired subdomain name and upon submit the domain is created in the system along with all files and directory structure. (dirty hack as usual)

However i get stuck on the point where the cms files needs to be copied in the newly created directory for the subdomain. I have tried php copy(), it was crying for basedir restrictions, disable it in php.ini but continue to cry "permissions denied". Then i decide to try shell_exec but it was crying because of disabled functions in effect, after removing the restriction there was no more errors, however no file was copied either. So i put everything back to normal in php.ini and start backtracing the normal creation of htdocs/* files... if i am not wrong it looks like its been handled by perl scripts withing the engine/ folder. Unfortunatelly perl is nothing that i know or even been exposed to, so i came here to ask for a little help.

How can i replace the default index page ?

here is my roadmap.
1. Automatic subdomain creation (Done, needs some tweaking)
2. Automatic Dump CMS files in /htdocs (STUCK)
3. Automatic Create mysql database and dump some data in it! (Pending)
4. Automatic Post Process (Pending)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
01-30-2009 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Automatic subdomain creation PLUS more... - bulforce - 01-30-2009 05:09 PM