Current time: 05-03-2024, 05:25 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
upgrade from etch to lenny issues
lschafroth Offline

upgrade from etch to lenny issues
When I upgraded from Debian Etch to Lenny, apache2 would not start.

It errored at line 185 when trying to enable the mod_perl.so module. It said something about the file not being found. The only way to start apache2 was to remove the perl module.

How do I fix that?

Also, when apache2 started it gave the errors/warnings:

Restarting web server: apache2Warning: SuexecUserGroup directive requires SUEXEC wrapper.
Warning: SuexecUserGroup directive requires SUEXEC wrapper.
[Fri Feb 20 15:47:30 2009] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts

[Fri Feb 20 15:47:30 2009] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts

The sites load now, but the ispCP admin login page shows the following errors:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/www/ispcp/gui/phptmp/sess_3GYHe1hQ4U-f1GFVneYXIrlxMq3, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php on line 27

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php:27) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php on line 27

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php:27) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php on line 27

Any ideas?

Lannie
I also get error 500! Internal Server Error on many of my sites.

Lannie
It appears that running the command apt-get install apache2-suexec and restarting apache2 fixed my issues,

I still need to get perl working. It appears the mod_perl.so is linked to a file that no longer exists or something. Should I do a apt-get remove perl --purge then reinstall it?

Lannie
With PERL enabled via a2enmod perl, this is the error I get when restarting apache2

apache2: Syntax error on line 185 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/perl.load: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so into server: libperl.so.5.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Lannie
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2009 08:12 AM by lschafroth.)
02-21-2009 07:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
upgrade from etch to lenny issues - lschafroth - 02-21-2009 07:54 AM