Current time: 04-24-2024, 11:25 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

About the traffic accounting issues
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: About the traffic accounting issues
(04-29-2009 02:44 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  This has the the purpose of instantiate sql connection. But it miss a LIMIT 1, so entire table is selected.
Ok, but just for curiosity: why do you need to instantiate sql connection?

(04-29-2009 02:44 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  True if in last hour a domain has traffic for http/ftp/mail. There will be execute 2 query(1 Select + 1Update / 1 Insert) for each type of traffic. Multiply with domain number and assume worse case and indeed is a stress for mysql. I`ll try to modify it after I finish what I started already.
Great Smile

(04-29-2009 02:44 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  True, traffic generated by gui is added to costumers traffic, witch is not correct. But imagine following situation -> 1 user offer for download one file of 1GB. Another user hit that file but do not download (cancel the download). In traffic log 1Gb will be added. Here come correction to reflect real traffic. User will not be charged with 1Gb traffic.
You're completely right. That said, now imagine all the traffic that isn't counted when the user downloaded his big attachments from the webmail, or when he downloads something from a php script, or whatever.
My point is that IMHO those very edge cases should be completely ignored: you putted a 1Gb file in your website, someone hitted it, it got counted. I'm sorry man but it goes this way. Otherwise we're going to get crazy trying to match every bit of traffic...

(04-29-2009 02:44 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  It`s not true. Traffic is aggregated per day. See line 442 to 458 in ispcp-vrl-traff.
Ooops! I was looking at the file form my old RC5 version ...
04-29-2009 04:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: About the traffic accounting issues - kilburn - 04-29-2009 04:44 AM