Current time: 05-18-2024, 09:46 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question about next stable
TheInanimate Offline

RE: Question about next stable
(08-03-2009 05:15 PM)thibotus01 Wrote:  It's easy to say... The fact that is an opensource, we can't say anything about the developpement time? If you go that way, I don't how many people would like to use ISPCP.

The number and rapidity of updates, (and also the size of the community) are very important points when someone has to choose his admin panel.
So if you start to say : "it's an opensource so we take time, and don't bother how many times it takes to developp this." You won't get many downloads, usages, and feedbacks about your project.

The first thing I look, it's the last update of the project. And ISPCP 1.0.0 was just released, I thought it should be a good project, also when i saw the timeline and the new features programmed. If you choose to publish a timeline, you have to respect it a minimum. Otherwise some people who starts to use ISPCP will become a little angry Sad

Why angry? Beceause, if you would like to swap to another panel, it's not easy to transfer all your data from one to another diffent one. that's why I stay on ISPCP, and i'm now a little blocked. And I hope everyday about a new release...

I understand how you feel. The roadmap included a deadline (I think) and now it has whizzed by, but at the same time, the rate of development has really been quite fast for a project so big. Some of the features can already be implemented for individual clients if you search online, eg. ssl on apache is something I found quite easy. I do not know your needs/skills but perhaps this sort of thing could help you in the interim. Hopefully 1.0.1 isn't far away.Smile
08-03-2009 07:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question about next stable - tronix - 07-11-2009, 11:08 PM
RE: Question about next stable - tronix - 07-20-2009, 06:00 PM
RE: Question about next stable - xister - 07-20-2009, 06:37 PM
RE: Question about next stable - BeNe - 07-27-2009, 10:54 PM
RE: Question about next stable - Nuxwin - 08-03-2009, 05:56 AM
RE: Question about next stable - MasterTH - 08-03-2009, 02:29 PM
RE: Question about next stable - TheInanimate - 08-03-2009 07:18 PM