Current time: 05-04-2024, 06:27 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[Howto] Per user quota edit within ispcp when using dovecot
JCD Offline

RE: [Howto] quota modification within ispcp when using dovecot
(06-08-2010 12:36 AM)aseques Wrote:  Hi JCD,
I'm glad you liked it. I had a look at your patch, and it seems that you have updated the patch for 1.0.4.
In the Improved version for 1.0.5 there's a big change, we added a new column so you can edit the quota without having to edit the account. It's far more intuitive.
Please try that one an tell your opinion.

I've taken the improved version for 1.0.5 as template. My opinion is those I've expressed in my post above. I think that an extra button overloads the interface, because in my opinion quotas are no settings that are used very often. Just ask yourself: Is it more likely that you change quotas or passwords? (Don't argue that you change passwords via web mailer)
In most cases the answer is: Passwords are changed more often. To argue from an intuitive view there should be an extra button for changing the password not for changing quota.

We should keep the interface simple and group all settings together. Besides that another point for keeping them together is the re-usability of code. Your stand alone solution uses most of the code which is used by the other settings. To have an efficient code design this would mean in the best case extracting all common code and make it usable for all settings. The end would be unnecessary complexity. After all the quota setting is just a small piece of code and just one tiny bit of all settings.
06-08-2010 03:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Howto] quota modification within ispcp when using dovecot - JCD - 06-08-2010 03:17 AM