Current time: 05-06-2024, 05:16 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Entering ispcp Development: Where to start
Mastacheata Offline

RE: Entering ispcp Development: Where to start
Quote:All your questions are relevant ones if we want to attract developers, so IMHO there should be a full document answering them (among other things) in the documentation. Let's see if someone takes the lead... hehe

Well that would make ispcp the first opensource project I've seen with a starter's guide for new developers.

Quote:Are you mostly a web developer? If so, you could help me getting the new theme ready for the next major version.
Most definitely not. I'm not particularly on the warpath with HTML + CSS, but I don't have the right touch when it comes to design related issues.

Quote:Are you mainly a php guy? Then gui-related stuff is your natural spot to start.
At least that's what I do for a living (besides studying computer science)

Quote:Are you a perl gurú? Get ready for some backend work!
Hell no. I can read it most certainly, but writing sophisticated perl scripts sounds to me like memorize the english wikipedia in whole and when you're done with that go on with the german one until you reach the chinese or whichever one has the least articles.

Quote:Do you prefer the system administration area? Revise the current service configurations and search for possible improvements there...
Yeah you know, I do systems administration for some small community of about 20 people sharing 3 Servers, but only because all the others do have even less knowledge in that field.

So now that we managed to get my skills clear, I'll have a look around what needs to be done and start working.

Thanks for getting some structure into my thoughts. I'll most certainly be asking further questions soon.
12-05-2009 04:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Entering ispcp Development: Where to start - Mastacheata - 12-05-2009 04:10 AM