Current time: 05-06-2024, 03:57 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Perl + Non-standard cgi-bin folder + Perl inside .html file + Many hours
zatara Offline

Perl + Non-standard cgi-bin folder + Perl inside .html file + Many hours
Ok, I am going to run down the quick version here. I am moving files from a Fedora webserver that did not have ISPCP or anything else on it. It idid have virtual hosts. I have installed (successfully) IspCP to manage the sites. In the moving process I discovered that a large number of the web files are Perl or Perl embedded in .html files.

I have tried modifying the site-enabled/ispcp.conf file, the apache2.conf file and many more. For a thorough listing of my attempts, checkout my blog:
http://www.mikespicer.net/wp/?p=12

Here is the issue, I need to execute Perl scripts in .pl and in .html from any directory. Right now, I can only get this working if I change the .htaccess file of one sub directory. If I change anything else, I get an Internal Error 500. The suexec.log tells me that "file is writable by others: "

There is just one issue with the above error explanation, I am looking at the configuration and not seeing anything that make sense as far as permissions go.

Further more, when I try adding the .htaccess file to another subdomain, everything breaks and I get internal error.

My .htaccess file has the following 2 lines in it:
AddHandler cgi-script .pl .html
Options +ExecCGI

Basically, all I want to do is execute Perl from most directories. And yes I have tried using the <file> directive in apache2.conf and have tried adding directory to ispcp.conf. It seems like suexec is fighting the conf files and then who knows where ispcp is trying to fight its way in.

Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks

-z
01-31-2010 06:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Perl + Non-standard cgi-bin folder + Perl inside .html file + Many hours - zatara - 01-31-2010 06:06 PM