Current time: 05-02-2024, 09:51 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

setfmode() | ERROR: cannot change permissions of file /home/hosting/mail/virtual/
NIIcK Offline

RE: setfmode() | ERROR: cannot change permissions of file /home/hosting/mail/virtual/
(02-04-2010 07:37 AM)kilburn Wrote:  I don't think that it has actually *solved* anything. For some weird unknown reason, this chmod operation failed when ispcp was creating the user, so it stopped there and reported an error. Then, it remained in this state until you explicitly told it to retry the operation (that's what "change" does). Thus, ispcp retried it and succeeded this time, going on with the rest of the process and reporting a succesful operation.

About the reason why it failed the first time: I think we'll never discover it (it's basically unreproducible).

The user was created a while ago. The domain I was getting this error for was the first domain created after installing ispCP but after like a month it gave me this error.

I like the fact that the system does not simply crash ... it has scripts to fix several issues such as wrong permissions and so on.
02-04-2010 07:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: setfmode() | ERROR: cannot change permissions of file /home/hosting/mail/virtual/ - NIIcK - 02-04-2010 07:40 AM