Current time: 04-27-2024, 01:55 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Proposal - Don`t add one thing by default.. let it download everything the user wants
markg85 Offline

Proposal - Don`t add one thing by default.. let it download everything the user wants
Hey,

i don`t know what the idea`s are for ISP CP but here is a proposal for it anyway..

i think it`s best to offer a very basic isp panel that doesn`t have all stuff included.. instead let isppanel download a xml file or a package file that can make a nice list of all the programs/scripts that you can download and install through ISP CP. same with new functions in ISP CP.. if you make the system a modular one you can just install new modules without having to recode some parts of the panel..

So: the pakages/modules you download from a highly compressed file (to conserve bandwidth) and extract it on the server.. than you put it in the database or flat file or whatever you want and let the users choose what the want to have in the control panel..

you can actually see this as a mini operating system idea i think.. for example when installing fedora you can also choose what programs you want to install and if you want them they will be downloaded.

perhaps it`s also good to implant this stuff when you install ISP CP instead of only adding it when you have installed ISP CP

i hope to see some reply`s on this one..
thanx
01-16-2007 12:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Proposal - Don`t add one thing by default.. let it download everything the user wants - markg85 - 01-16-2007 12:48 AM