Current time: 05-18-2024, 10:31 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[SOLVED] Update 1.0.2 -> 1.0.5 error: fastCGI modules configuration failed
Nuxwin
Unregistered

RE: Update 1.0.2 -> 1.0.5 error: fastCGI modules configuration failed
Hello ;

First, thank to you for the report of this bug. I'll open a new ticket for this issue because it's important.

Sure, for now, the better solution is to copy the needed script for the package manually in the /etc/ispcp/apache directory and then, rename it as requested by the ispcp-update script. Then, after, just rerun the ispcp-update script and normally that should work.

Edit:

After a fast checking I read the following statements in the related makefile:

Code:
    # Ubuntu 7.04?
    if [ $(RELEASE) = 'feisty' ] ; then \
        cp ./fastcgi2.conf $(SYSTEM_CONF)/apache/fastcgi_ispcp.conf ; \
    else \
        cp ./fastcgi.conf $(SYSTEM_CONF)/apache/fastcgi_ispcp.conf ; \
    fi
    cp ./fcgid_ispcp.conf $(SYSTEM_CONF)/apache/fcgid_ispcp.conf

So, normally, if you have updated correctly, the file `fastcgi_ispcp.conf` should be copied into the directory `/etc/ispcp/apache`. Are you sure to have not forgot the make part during upgrade before run the `ispcp-update` script ?

Code:
make -f Makefile.ubuntu install
cp -R /tmp/ispcp/* /

Edit:

Ok, I see the problem now. Well, I'm sure for the make process you have typed the following command:
Code:
make install

Instead of the good command that is :

Code:
make -f Makefile.ubuntu  install

If that is the case, that is not your fault since the current documentation that describes the ispCP installation on ubuntu contains the first command that is only for Debian. So the result is that during the make process, it's the bad configs/dist directory that is used (configs/debian instead of configs/ubuntu) and of course, the needed statements for the 'fastcgi_ispcp.conf' are not run.

Why ? looking the differences betwen the debian and ubuntu statements :

For debian:
Code:
    # greater equal Debian 4.0 "Etch"?
    if [ $(RELEASE) = 'sarge' ]; then \
        cp ./fastcgi.conf $(SYSTEM_CONF)/apache/fastcgi_ispcp.conf ; \
    elif [ $(RELEASE) = 'etch' ] || [ $(RELEASE) = 'lenny' ] || [ $(RELEASE) = 'squeeze' ]; then \
        cp ./fastcgi2.conf $(SYSTEM_CONF)/apache/fastcgi_ispcp.conf ; \
    fi
    cp ./fcgid_ispcp.conf $(SYSTEM_CONF)/apache/fcgid_ispcp.conf

For Ubuntu, see the previous reported statements.

To conclude, I recommend to you to perform a new complete update procedure. The mistake was fixed in the Ubuntu related documentation in our wiki and will be fixed in the INSTALL file for the next release.

Best Regards ;
04-03-2010 07:11 AM
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Update 1.0.2 -> 1.0.5 error: fastCGI modules configuration failed - Nuxwin - 04-03-2010 07:11 AM