Current time: 04-27-2024, 01:22 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[solved] Error upgrading 1.0.6->1.0.7: database pw becoming incorrect
b_admin Offline

RE: Error upgrading 1.0.6->1.0.7: database pw becoming incorrect
1. I changed the password in ispcp.conf after the update script didn't work with the 'old' password (first error message). I guess, this is clearly stated in the second paragraph of the first post, isn't it?

2. I searched for solutions for the given error message and found the hint to delete the password hash from ispcp.conf and set it again with ispcp-db-passwd. I provided the same password but nevertheless the hash differed from the old one.

3. Using this newly hashed password -- which itself was the same as before, e.g. the same as in database -- resulted in a very early abort of update script (second error message).

4. I tried with no password hash in ispcp.conf, thinking, the script might ask for a password when there is none set. But it didn't and just aborted (third error message).

Again: I never set a new password, all I did was rebuilding the password hash but this hashing mechanism seems to have changed since 1.0.6 as the new hash differs from old one.
12-14-2010 07:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Error upgrading 1.0.6->1.0.7: database pw becoming incorrect - b_admin - 12-14-2010 07:24 PM