Current time: 05-21-2024, 01:39 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[HowTo]: "Push" email with Z-push
jma Offline

RE: [HowTo]: "Push" email with Z-push
hey guys, i could need some help Smile

i tried using your How-To for the new 2.0.3 z-push version, but the setup changed a little bit and i'm having trouble setting it up correctly.

seems i have some problems with open_basedir.

first with your .htaccess file i always got an "error 500". without the .htaccess file the z-push index.php loaded up but with an error. the config check routine was not able to write a the log file.

/var/log/z-push is writable for the correct user, in my case vu2003, and chmod 775.
if i try #php /var/.……./z-push/index.php directly in the terminal, there was no problem for z-push writing the logfile and access the /var/lib/z-push state folder… and i know it's not magic because i executed it as root Smile

well, so i just created a "log" folder inside /var/www/virtual/mydomain/htdocs/z-push/ and edited the config.php … now z-push can access the logs, of course, but gave me an error because it couldn't access /var/lib/z-push.
also moved that into my install dir. so it loads up without complain and he asks for user and password, but that's not working. I guess because he needs access to files i overlooked outside of it's installation path?!

to put it in a nut shell: i wasn't able to disable open_basedir in /etc/apache2/sites-available/ispcp.conf or /var/www/fcgi/mydomain/php5/php.ini
and it would be awesome if someone could update the how to for the new z-push version to help some poor mediocre serveradmin like me Wink

thx in advance, i'ld appreciate your help.

jma

PS: and please excuse my sometimes maybe kinda' bad english Wink
09-28-2012 09:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[HowTo]: "Push" email with Z-push - viop - 10-24-2011, 07:53 PM
RE: HOWTO: "Push" email with Z-push - Knut - 10-26-2011, 01:20 PM
RE: HOWTO: "Push" email with Z-push - viop - 10-26-2011, 02:32 PM
RE: [HowTo]: "Push" email with Z-push - jma - 09-28-2012 09:33 AM