Current time: 05-23-2024, 04:02 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Do you want to beautify the perl code in the engine?
Yes
No
don't know
[Show Results]

formatting style of the engine parts (perl)
RatS Offline
Project Leader

RE: formatting style of the engine parts (perl)
To stop this discussion now I've to tell you something Malte (ephigenie) and me (RatS) thought about a year ago:

When we forked VHCS we made it, because of lazy development and no rights to the community. We had the plan to change it totally and we failed, because we cannot spend time (our freetime) in developing (or better coding and fixing bugs) and organizing this project. Therefore we develop - more or less.

ispCP Omega is a project, planed to be closed in about 5 years and substituted by a totally new control panel: ispCP. However, we need a stable base and patches for Omega to hold a community!
You are talking about frameworks and AJAX. That's great, we've done it, too. And it's planed for ispCP. But this is not the point for ispCP Omega. Omega has to become stable. That's the first aim, we've to reach, with your help.

I hope you'll help us to gain the aim and you have enough stamina to work together with us on ispCP to make it better and more stable than any other existing hosting panel including ispCP Omega.

I appeal to you: do not wast your time in thinking about, how to make developing on ispCP Omega easier. Do not wast your time in recoding or re-factor any line of code
Think about how we can make the existing project stable, fully functional and secure.

Are you with me? Than we can form the team to form the future.

[Edit]

What I've forgotten:

Beautify the PHP- and PERL-Code to make it attractive for others to help us. Think about the guidelines. But do not re-invent the wheel for ispCP Omega
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2008 08:03 AM by RatS.)
05-13-2008 08:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: formatting style of the engine parts (perl) - RatS - 05-13-2008 08:02 AM