Current time: 05-05-2024, 12:04 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[HOWTO] Using the CLI to manage ispcp via command line (scripts)
suw Offline

RE: Using the CLI with ispcp (wiki article)
I feel like I have to explain why is this usefull or for who this "direct communication wiht ispcp daemon" can be usefull.

Suppose you have a customer who devel. programs and want that on each registered program to give an e-mail address to customer, the program has pop/imap connection and can send mails and so on everybody's happy. Now. how in the name of sacre cow would you do this?
1. the registration server is somewhere in russia, has an IP you-re and your server are located in germany - for example.
2. the registration server can't connect to mysql ,but it's ip is allowed to access a folder restricted with .htaccess.

how can you do this/
Each registered customer is made manually - If you wish to be called on 1am coz some lammer just bought the program and registered and now he wants to comunicate with others.... it's a solution. But since most of us are programmers or have some minimal skills to write a php script and a .htaccess file, the second solution is to make a script separately from ispcp who can add in ispcp's database -> email table a new email account with status - toadd and after adding this to tell ispcp's daemon to do it's magic.

When I first put myself in this position - i tought that we will use C to communicate with the ispcp daemon and tell to do it's magic, but needed also the exact method how to communicate with it.
After I've read the php function i've realized that, that file can be copied on any projects and use direct communication with ispcp's daemon.

I hope you understand why we did this. Future NEW developers will not loose time that we lost, because our time once lost we considered that we gain some experience and it will be nice to share with others.

cheers and have fun with ispcp.
10-07-2008 01:12 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using the CLI with ispcp (wiki article) - suw - 10-07-2008 01:12 AM
RE: Using the CLI with ispcp - aseques - 05-08-2009, 11:26 PM