Current time: 05-04-2024, 04:36 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Entering ispcp Development: Where to start
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Entering ispcp Development: Where to start
Mastacheata Wrote:
kilburn Wrote:Are you mainly a php guy? Then gui-related stuff is your natural spot to start.
At least that's what I do for a living (besides studying computer science)

(Offtopic: I *was* a computer science student too Smile Pursuing my PhD in AI now... Big Grin)

Now to the point: I've a proposal for you, which you can obviously reject if you don't want to do it! We frequently receive requests for a mail account password changer integrated in the webmail (squirrelmail) by default (see ticket #1257). I adapted the squirrelmail sql_changepass plugin to work with ispcp (encrypting the password, calling the backend, etc.) in a quick-and-dirty way. The resulting code and comments are in this forum thread. Thus, the proposal is to get this code, clean it up (remove unnecessary things, improve it in any way you want) and get it ready to integrate into the default ispcp installation.

In order to provide a fully working installation, it's necessary to create a special mysql user with permission to update the passwords, so this task should be done upon installation/upgrading of ispcp. AFAIK, nuxwin is working on a new installer/updater, so if you undertake the task I'll get you in contact with him to see if he can add this mysql user stuff to it.

Do you like this task, or would you prefer something more ispcp-centric (avoiding squirrelmail)?
12-05-2009 04:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Entering ispcp Development: Where to start - kilburn - 12-05-2009 04:50 AM