Current time: 04-26-2024, 01:53 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Password problem in mail_users
butko Offline

Password problem in mail_users
After upgrading from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4 last night, everything went fine. But when i try to log in to my mail account it says "wrong password or unknown user". It's the same for all users, Ispcp login works just fine.
I compared the mail_users table in my backup ispcp database to find that the encrypted passwords are the same. However, when i set the same password for my mail in ispcp it changes encrypted password in database. As if the encryption algorithm changed. And then the login works.
There is an option to reenter everyone's password in ispcp, but as i have dozen of domains on this server and probably 20-30 mail accounts it would be quite a problem. For now i have restored the backup of 1.0.2, and now everything is ok. Anybody had similar problems?

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I am running a debian lenny 32 bit
03-21-2010 01:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: Password problem in mail_users
Hi

I assume the db-key files did not change (they keep the key to en+decrypt the passwords).

The algorythm should not have changed - so we need to find the reason for this behavour....

/J
03-21-2010 06:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:I assume the db-key files did not change (they keep the key to en+decrypt the passwords).

Your assumption is faulty. This is precisely his problem, his keys have changed.
03-21-2010 08:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Ok, then my assumption was more a hint...

but why did the keys change - did he go his own upgrade way?

/J
03-21-2010 08:24 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

The key files are manually preserved (by copying them over /tmp/ispcp) during the update procedure. I bet he forgot to copy them...
03-21-2010 08:41 PM
butko Offline

Well, maybe i didn't copy them, but i followed the upgrade procedure very carefully so i don't know exactly what happened.
I managed to resolve the problem by decrypting all the passwords (followed this thread: http://www.isp-control.net/forum/thread-9529.html), and encrypting them with the new key.

Thanks!

(03-21-2010 08:41 PM)kilburn Wrote:  The key files are manually preserved (by copying them over /tmp/ispcp) during the update procedure. I bet he forgot to copy them...
03-23-2010 02:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

ok, there are several ways leading to Rome.... :-)

I wonder if it also worked if you just copied the old db-key files to the new ispcp tree...

well - next time :-)

/J
03-23-2010 03:35 AM