Current time: 05-06-2024, 08:06 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

policyd-weight cache - how to disable?
pl.zenon Offline

policyd-weight cache - how to disable?
Hello,
I would like to disable policyd-weight cache because I have vps with low amount of memory and generally I don't need this funcionality. I tried to create a config file in /etc/policyd-weight.conf with all settings copied from defaults and modified $CACHESIZE string to value "0". Unfortunately after that any settings doesn't change... (Of course I restarted policyd-weight after configuration file creation)

Could you tell me how can I disable caching in policyd-weight?
03-27-2010 05:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: policyd-weight cache - how to disable?
Cachesize is correct:
Code:
$CACHESIZE       = 2000; # set to 0 to disable caching for spam results.
                            # To this level the cache will be cleaned.
--> http://policyd-weight.org/policyd-weight.conf.sample

But it make more sense to disable unneeded services or tune some others to free some RAM - not ?

Greez BeNe
03-27-2010 05:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pl.zenon Offline

(03-27-2010 05:55 AM)BeNe Wrote:  (...)
--> http://policyd-weight.org/policyd-weight.conf.sample

I exactly did it, but unfortunately policyd-weight don't read policyd-weight.conf from /etc. Maybe I have to create this file in the other path? But which one?

(03-27-2010 05:55 AM)BeNe Wrote:  But it make more sense to disable unneeded services or tune some others to free some RAM - not ?

You have right, but I did it already. I configured mysql, apache, fastcgi, turned off postgrey, bind and some processes like rootkit checker from cron and I'm looking for next methods to decrease ram consumption. I hope disabling caching in policyd-weight will save several MB.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2010 05:51 AM by pl.zenon.)
03-28-2010 05:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

policyd-weight is written in perl, so you can just open the executable file with your favourite editor and perform a quick scan to find the path where it's looking for its configuration file.
03-28-2010 09:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply