Current time: 05-03-2024, 04:49 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cannot Connect to DB during upgrade
meph137 Offline

Sad Cannot Connect to DB during upgrade
Hi all, would really appreciate some help as I'm stuck and have tried all I can.

I just did an upgrade to the latest version from v1.0 and got an error connecting to the DB, I reset the DB password using ispcp-db-passwd and got as far as configuring phpmyadmin, which failed, and now I seem to be back to stage 1!

So basically, right now I have this in /tmp/ispcp-update-database.log:

Connection failed: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

And this when I enable debug and run ispcp-update:

http://pastebin.com/wJZwwWG5

I've read that I may lose my mail passwords after having regenerated my mysql password, I dont mind that, just wanna get back up asap.

Any help greatly appreciated!
05-25-2010 06:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
meph137 Offline

RE: Cannot Connect to DB during upgrade
Hey all, many thanks to BenBE who spent a long time fixing this with me on IRC. There were several issues but it seemed to boil down to having incorrect crypted passwords in these files:

/var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-db-keys.pl
/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-db-keys.php
/var/www/ispcp/engine/messager/ispcp-db-keys.pl

By blanking the DATABASE_PASSWORD in /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf and running /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-db-passwd we were able to change the password, we then needed to make sure all the files above had the same crypted password in, as well as /etc/ispcp/ispcp.old.conf

Other issues were relating to FCGI, specifically the MaxRequestsPerProcess configuration directive in /etc/apache2/mods-available/fcgid_ispcp.conf - being as I am on Etch this directive caused an error so it had to be commented out.

Finally, the /var/www/fcgi/master folder was not present, so we were able to remake this from a domains folder by changing some values, and also my vu2000 user and group were gone, so they had to be remade by altering the user and group files (and shadows).

All seems ok now Smile
05-25-2010 10:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply