Current time: 04-20-2024, 02:41 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Issues with upgrade from 1.0.0 to 1.0.5 (and fixes)
hxbro Offline

Issues with upgrade from 1.0.0 to 1.0.5 (and fixes)
I just completed an upgrade from 1.0.0 to 1.0.5 but there were a few issues, these might occur for others so I've listed them here:

1. Bind won't start due to duplicate entires for BASE_SERVER_VHOST, to fix I had to edit /etc/ispcp/bin/working/name.conf and remove the duplicate entires for that host, and copy the file to /etc/bind, followed by a restart of bind

2. Emails from control panel don't get delivered due to mail not getting generated correctly. The From: header gets set to DEFAULT_ADMIN_ADDRESS correctly but in the php.ini it's set to webmaster@BASE_SERVER_VHOST on the sendmail line. This means the mails come from webmaster@BASE_SERVER_VHOST.

If like me BASE_SERVER_VHOST doesn't actually exist as a domain it won't get delivered (depending on email setup), so you have to set the sendmail line in php.ini to DEFAULT_ADMIN_ADDRESS.

A better solution for this would be to not use mail() and use a library like phpmailer to mail the mails as these would get generated correctly, or by default the php.ini would use DEFAULT_ADMIN_ADDRESS for the master setup.

Other than that the upgrade went smoothly Smile
04-03-2010 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gOOvER Offline
Banned

RE: Issues with upgrade from 1.0.0 to 1.0.5 (and fixes)
Which Distro??
04-03-2010 11:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hxbro Offline

lenny, I'd just upgraded from etch to lenny.
04-04-2010 06:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

(04-03-2010 10:48 PM)hxbro Wrote:  I just completed an upgrade from 1.0.0 to 1.0.5 but there were a few issues, these might occur for others so I've listed them here:

1. Bind won't start due to duplicate entires for BASE_SERVER_VHOST, to fix I had to edit /etc/ispcp/bin/working/name.conf and remove the duplicate entires for that host, and copy the file to /etc/bind, followed by a restart of bind

2. Emails from control panel don't get delivered due to mail not getting generated correctly. The From: header gets set to DEFAULT_ADMIN_ADDRESS correctly but in the php.ini it's set to webmaster@BASE_SERVER_VHOST on the sendmail line. This means the mails come from webmaster@BASE_SERVER_VHOST.

If like me BASE_SERVER_VHOST doesn't actually exist as a domain it won't get delivered (depending on email setup), so you have to set the sendmail line in php.ini to DEFAULT_ADMIN_ADDRESS.

A better solution for this would be to not use mail() and use a library like phpmailer to mail the mails as these would get generated correctly, or by default the php.ini would use DEFAULT_ADMIN_ADDRESS for the master setup.

Other than that the upgrade went smoothly Smile

Hello ;

First, thank for you report. I'll install ispCP 1.0.0 and I'll add few data. After, I'll try to reproduce all the problems described here (make a upgrade to 1.0.5). According the result, I'll change the necessary into the ispcp-update script.

http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/ticket/2321 Wink

Best regards ;
04-04-2010 10:53 PM
Quote this message in a reply