Current time: 04-20-2024, 03:46 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Creating user seems to be stalled
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Creating user seems to be stalled
Quote:Hmm I'm interested... Do you happen to know if there are any 'how to's', manuals or general info that I can look at to achieve this?
I'm happy to attempt compiling a RPM but I would say I would need the forums help... If its achievable I can post it back here for others of course.

No need for rpms, as the only thing that needs to be compiled is the ispcp daemon. To avoid compilation in the server, just create a virtual machine on your desktop computer with the same OS and arch than the server and follow the installation guide until just after "make install". Then, repeat the installation steps in the server, but instead of "make install" transfer the whole "/tmp/ispcp" folder from your virtual machine to server and proceed with the server installation as if you had executed "make install".
04-09-2010 03:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike548141 Offline

Just to update, I am testing this method out... Compiling and compressing up the files was no issue and I'm just testing out automating the rest of the scripts (add repo's etc) so that no manual intervention is required.

Thanks again for all your help

MC
04-26-2010 11:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike548141 Offline

Another update. In addition to compiling the daemon you also need make to complete the commands
cpan CPAN
cpan $(cat /srv/ispCP/ispcp-omega-1.0.5/docs/OpenSuse/opensuse111-perl-packages)

The commands complete but with failures otherwise. Not sure if it requires gcc & make or just make.

MC
05-01-2010 05:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply