Current time: 04-20-2024, 06:43 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

migrate from 1.0.0RC5 on one server to 1.0.5 on another
hxbro Offline

migrate from 1.0.0RC5 on one server to 1.0.5 on another
I'm in the process of moving sites from one server to another, I'm looking at transferring the data manually and then recreating all the accounts from scratch as there are lots of entries that I don't need anymore, and broken entries that haven't been deleted or otherwise (probably due to bugs that are now fixed).

Looking at the databases, the only problem I think I will have are passwords. Some are plain text, some aren't.

Admin passwords look ok, they can be transferred (I'm guessing it's md5 or sha1)

FTP users - these are encrypted, but the passwords appear to transfer fine but look to be encrypted differently

Mail/SQL - currently plain text so these are ok I can re-create these manually and will get encrypted/hashed when I create them.

Anything else I should be aware of, I think that covers everything
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2010 09:30 PM by hxbro.)
04-08-2010 08:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: migrate from 1.0.0RC5 on one server to 1.0.5 on another
Quote:Admin passwords look ok, they can be transferred (I'm guessing it's md5 or sha1)
Your guess is right.

Quote:FTP users - these are encrypted, but the passwords appear to transfer fine but look to be encrypted differently
FTP passwords support different hashing methods. Old ispcp versions' hashing mechanism didn't allow for passwords longer than 8 characters, so that's why it was changed. Anyway, if you transfer the old hashes directly to the new database they'll work just fine (and newer passwords will use the newer method without problems).

Quote:Mail/SQL - currently plain text so these are ok I can re-create these manually and will get encrypted/hashed when I create them.
You're also right here Smile

Quote:Anything else I should be aware of, I think that covers everything
Consider the unofficial CLI interface if you want to create a somewhat automated process to avoid manually recreating everything.
04-08-2010 09:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hxbro Offline

RE: migrate from 1.0.0RC5 on one server to 1.0.5 on another
thanks, confirmed everything I thought of.

I don't have that many domains to do, it's the transfer of the data that's taking time at the moment.
04-08-2010 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply