Current time: 04-20-2024, 08:36 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[Solved] Point webmail.domain.tld to gmail
kaptk2 Offline

[Solved] Point webmail.domain.tld to gmail
I am looking for an easy way to point webmail.domain.tld to mail.google.com/a/domain.tld

I have found this thread: http://isp-control.net/forum/thread-4265.html but it does not quite do what I want. Any suggestions to get this working how I want? Ideally I would like to just use a PHP redirect because some domains do not use Google for their email. But when I try and create the subdomain I get an error saying that it can't be created.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2010 07:48 AM by kaptk2.)
04-29-2010 01:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kaptk2 Offline

RE: Point webmail.domain.tld to gmail
(04-29-2010 01:03 AM)kaptk2 Wrote:  I am looking for an easy way to point webmail.domain.tld to mail.google.com/a/domain.tld

I have found this thread: http://isp-control.net/forum/thread-4265.html but it does not quite do what I want. Any suggestions to get this working how I want? Ideally I would like to just use a PHP redirect because some domains do not use Google for their email. But when I try and create the subdomain I get an error saying that it can't be created.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

I figured it out. I edited the dns tpl file to add a webmail cname that pointed to www

I then did a rewrite rule that points all webmail.* to a directory running a php script that grabs the orignal domain name and points it to gmail.

Not ideal and could be make simpler (get rid of rewrite rule) if I could figure out how to run php in say the /var/www/webmail directory.
05-09-2010 07:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply