Current time: 05-19-2024, 02:17 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Problem creating new user
vanfleet Offline

Exclamation Problem creating new user
Hi I've been struggling with this problem for a couple of weeks now and I'm starting to get desperate.

Here is my problem, I had a running Debian system running as a VPS (using Linux Vserver) running ispcp 1.0.3. I decided to upgrade this system using the debian "aptitude safe-upgrade" command. After doing that I now get the following error when I try to create a new user:

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/run/ispcp.lock) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ispcp/gui/:/etc/ispcp/:/var/run/ispcp.lock:/proc/:/bin/df:/bin/mount:/var/log/rkhunter.log:/var/log/chkrootkit.log:/usr/share/php/) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-functions.php on line 36

Warning: fopen(/var/run/ispcp.lock) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-functions.php on line 36
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-functions.php on line 55

After the error/warning the new users show up but when I try to switch to them I get the message "account status is not ok!".

I'm also having the same problem when I installed a new debian lenny server with 1.0.5 (see http://isp-control.net/forum/thread-10487.html).

Could this have anything to do with the versions of Apache or PHP that I'm using? I'm just using the default versions of Debian Lenny, when I ran safe-upgraded I noticed that the apache2 package got upgraded from 2.2.9-10+lenny6 to 2.2.9-10+lenny6 and php5 got upgraded from 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny4 to 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny8.

This has been very frustrating, any help here would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
David
05-18-2010 01:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: Problem creating new user
Seems to be a problem - there are several threads in the forum dealing with this.

Do you have any extension installed (eaccelerator or something like this?)

Maybe you need to disable open_basedir restriction for the master php process.

/J
05-18-2010 01:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vanfleet Offline

Joximu, thanks for your response, I appreciate your help!

Your talking about php extensions right. I think the installed extensions are:

Array (
[0] => zip
[1] => xmlwriter
[2] => libxml
[3] => xml
[4] => wddx
[5] => tokenizer
[6] => sysvshm
[7] => sysvsem
[8] => sysvmsg
[9] => session
[10] => SimpleXML
[11] => sockets
[12] => soap
[13] => SPL
[14] => shmop
[15] => standard
[16] => Reflection
[17] => posix
[18] => mime_magic
[19] => mbstring
[20] => json
[21] => iconv
[22] => hash
[23] => gettext
[24] => ftp
[25] => filter
[26] => exif
[27] => dom
[28] => dba
[29] => date
[30] => ctype
[31] => calendar
[32] => bz2
[33] => bcmath
[34] => zlib
[35] => pcre
[36] => openssl
[37] => xmlreader
[38] => cgi-fcgi
[39] => ADOdb
[40] => gd
[41] => mcrypt
[42] => mhash
[43] => mysql
[44] => mysqli
[45] => PDO
[46] => pdo_mysql
)

Also, I disabled open_basedir and then got the following error:

Warning: fopen(/var/run/ispcp.lock) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-functions.php on line 36
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-functions.php on line 55

It is true that /var/run/ispcp.lock does not exist, but that files does not exist in my working ispcp environement either. Should the ispcp.lock file exist? I think I tried adding an empty file to that location at one point but also got errors.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
David
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2010 05:40 AM by vanfleet.)
05-18-2010 05:33 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

I have it:

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 17. Mai 08:29 /var/run/ispcp.lock

Maybe stop the daemon (make sure there's no ispcp daemon running) and restart it.

/J
05-18-2010 08:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vanfleet Offline

Still no /var/run/ispcp.lock file, however it does create the following two files in /var/run:

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 4 2010-05-17 16:19 ispcp_daemon.pid
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2010-05-17 16:19 ispcp_network

Also, the Linux Vserver VPS guest does not have access to iptables (even though I am root) so when I restart the ispcp_network process I get the following warning:

Starting ispCP Network Traffic Logger: ispcp_networkiptables v1.4.2: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Permission denied (you must be root)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

I've seen this same warning on my working ispcp system, so I don't believe it is related to this.

Thanks,
David
05-18-2010 08:33 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

ok, the lock-file is added by the request manager - not by the daemon.

hm... try to add "/var/run/ to the open_basedir list (in the master-php.ini). It seems that on some systems there are problems.

Well - you see: the file which is to be read is /var/run/ispcp.lock - php needs to access this file so the open_basedir settings need to be correct.
Maybe your php really needs folders there and not a file name???
I don't know exactly....

maybe you can create a little test-php script to check this and tell here what you found.

/J
05-18-2010 04:52 PM