Current time: 04-27-2024, 07:43 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

email aliases
mopox Offline

email aliases
Hello community,

I am runing ispCP 1.0.6 daily build 20100401 on ubuntu 10.04. I rolled it out quite well, now. All my domains and customers are migrated well.

But now i am runing in some trouble. I have some customers which use the same email alias for different domains alias. It seems as:

sameuser@example.com
sameuser@example2.com
sameuser@example3.com

example.com is the ispCP main address. example2.com and example3.com are domain aliases of example.com.

Strange now is to observe that in /etc/postfix/ispcp/aliases just same@example.com for the main address will be created. The aliase emails for the same user will be ignored and i can't find them. It is no matter whether i use it as forwarder or as mailbox. they won't be created not in aliases and not in mailboxes.

Strange also is to see that when i just create an email address of an alias domain, the address is just created for the main domain but the domain aliases seems to be ignored.

Is it a matter of the daily build? Is there a way to fix that? Do i understand something wrong? May I have a wrong configuration? what informations do you need, else?

thx and greetings from germany
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2010 06:54 AM by mopox.)
05-19-2010 06:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mopox Offline

RE: email aliases
I checked out the ispCP script /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-mbox-mngr it isn't creating alias emails how i see so far. Do i understand the config of postfix wrong? I created an entry in aliases by hand and run postmap. That seems to work.

So is it purpose that the alias mails aren't created? I checked it in the stable version out. it seems to have the same routines. Is it just a bug? I consider about to change the script. Is there some docu for it? are there some specs? How to contribute the work?

Anyhow? has someone also experienced that issue? i would be happy about some respond.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2010 12:43 AM by mopox.)
05-20-2010 12:41 AM
Illidan Offline

Work itscorrectly or is there any problems in mail sending or recieving?

I don't know if ispCP needs to create for any alias extra entries in the files like for a real e-mail adress.

And, where did you create e-mail alias? On E-Mail Accounts is only the option Add mail user oo.
05-20-2010 03:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mopox Offline

(05-20-2010 03:57 AM)Illidan Wrote:  Work itscorrectly or is there any problems in mail sending or recieving?

I don't know if ispCP needs to create for any alias extra entries in the files like for a real e-mail adress.

And, where did you create e-mail alias? On E-Mail Accounts is only the option Add mail user oo.

Of course all is working well, just emails from aliases are rejected and there are no mailboxes for it created coz someone changed the mailbox script:

http://isp-control.net/ispcp/changeset/2...-mbox-mngr

Well, I don't know way that change was made. Maybe it is just for development or debuging. In anycase it is not plausible.

I will take that script from the stable source to solve that issue. I believe it may work.
05-21-2010 04:22 AM