Current time: 05-25-2024, 04:42 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

domain question (have i made a big mistake) [resolved]
pstanbra Offline

domain question (have i made a big mistake) [resolved]
I have a domain and website hosted (sysfix.co.uk) on a seperate server in the UK

I propose to move this to our data centre in Germany on which im setting up ispCP. On installation, it asked for a FQD name. So - I went into my DNS in the UK and added websrv1.sysfix.co.uk as the server and then entered this in in the ispCP setup.

Now - looking at my dns in ispCP - it seems to have created some more DNS entries that of course dont exist such as ns1.websrv1.sysfix.co.uk
Can I actually create sub-sub-domains in my hosting control panel ... hmm no.. am I buggered?

Can ispCP work this way - There was nothing to say you needed a seperate domain name to run ispCP on. If i create the DNS entries manually outside of ispCP - should it work?

Created external DNS records and it all worked fine as a brance on an externally hosted domain.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2010 04:53 AM by pstanbra.)
05-26-2010 02:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dcreation Offline

RE: domain question (have i made a big mistake)
Look at Settings. (Admin[/align]) There is an option for how many subsub domains are creatable (I think, iam not exactly sure whether it works.)
05-26-2010 02:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pstanbra Offline

(05-26-2010 02:41 AM)dcreation Wrote:  Look at Settings. (Admin[/align]) There is an option for how many subsub domains are creatable (I think, iam not exactly sure whether it works.)

This relates to the level that users can create domain - im talking about the actual domain ispCP sits on.
05-26-2010 03:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dcreation Offline

If you dont use the BIND DNS on the webserver you can safely stop it. ISPCP don´t need it for operating.
05-26-2010 03:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pstanbra Offline

(05-26-2010 03:59 AM)dcreation Wrote:  If you dont use the BIND DNS on the webserver you can safely stop it. ISPCP don´t need it for operating.

Yea that's what i though - so all i need to do is replicate whats in BIND right now to external DNS for my main domain and then host my own dns for my customers domains as they get added.
05-26-2010 04:02 AM