Current time: 04-20-2024, 08:33 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: I Think logtail tool would be very great !
Yes, i think so!
No, i didn't need it!
I don't know
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
logtail tool for ispcp yes or no ?
rethus Offline

logtail tool for ispcp yes or no ?
Hi @ all,

most time its recommended to turn off php-error-messages for security reasons. Now i have a good idea to do this, but leave the benefit of the messages.

For this we need a tool which tails Logfiles of each user. So if the user is loged into his ispcp-Account, he should open this tool (may named liveDebugger or simlar) which is a resizeable window which could optionaly set to get always be focus.

Into the Window working a little Ajax-script, which shows the debug-files of the User in realtime.

I have found such a scribt here: http://commavee.com/2007/04/13/ajax-logf...er-viewer/

This is a very goog feature for developer, cause they could see any logfiles they need in realtime...

What u think about this?

Have create this ticket for my request: http://isp-control.net/ispcp/ticket/2397
06-23-2010 12:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: logtail tool for ispcp yes or no ?
Just to make this Poll complete, here is NuxWin´s answer:

Quote:Hello ;

The tools as you describe is not really needed for ispCP. In development, we sets the display_errors parameter to true to show all errors. In production, all errors are already hidden. Also, I've created a set of new libraries for the logging purpose. These new libraries will be introduced with ispCP 1.0.6.

the new logger libraries will be able to write log in a logfile, mail, database, Firebug console...

Anyway, only the administrator should be able to see the real error messages. All other users should see an custom message that replace the real error . I've already committed a new ispCP_ExceptionHandler class that provides a handler to manage all uncaught exceptions. The logger libraries will be introduced later (test in progress).
So i see there no need for a poll.

Greez BeNe
06-23-2010 04:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gOOvER Offline
Banned

Why don't you Start to develop it? Then make à Patch and submit it Wink
06-23-2010 04:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Personally I'd rather work with php (error) log files than showing the error in the Website.

But I know that other people have other preferences...

and for the customers (if I interpret the OP correctly) I [as a customer] would not like to give the ispcp-passwort to a developper...
So we'd first need some different role-login for customers (mail-admin, web-developper etc).

/J

So
06-23-2010 05:46 PM
rethus Offline

Thanks for your answers.
@BenBe:
I'm still not such long a user of ispCP - so i don't know who this mysterious NuxWin´s is, and why he not answer themself? Would be glad, if u teach me to know this.
Nevertheless, i'm glad that he send some information to me.

Quote:In development, we sets the display_errors parameter to true to show all errors. In production, all errors are already hidden. Also, I've created a set of new libraries for the logging purpose.
Don't understand that fully. He/She has set it for his/her own production-system, or this is still a default-setting in all new ispcp-installations.
Whats about the Problem, if a User wan't to see the php-errors while developing his Pages. How can i activate/deactivate it to show the errors?

Are there some documentations about the new library ?

@joximu
Don't think we need a seperated login... for first time, we could set the tool to a subdir (or special Port) on the own domain, and secure it with normal htaccess.
06-24-2010 02:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

(06-24-2010 02:48 AM)rethus Wrote:  I'm still not such long a user of ispCP - so i don't know who this mysterious NuxWin´s is, and why he not answer themself? Would be glad, if u teach me to know this.
Nevertheless, i'm glad that he send some information to me.

You do not know who I am? Really? Sometimes you look at the timeline?
http://isp-control.net/ispcp/wiki/Team Wink

For the rest, I'll answer to you correctly. Wait please.
06-24-2010 03:13 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

Re ;

Ok, sorry after re-reading, I understand better what you want mean exactly. You want a log tool that can be launched from the ispCP frontend by any customers. So each customer can see any PHP errors that are raised by their own scripts, that are stored in their own DocumentRoot.

That as you want can be very hard to integrate to the ispCP panel for the following reasons:

1. The generic log tool must know information about the customer logfile like the name and the path.

2. To be able to use this, the customers should have created a logfile and also, their scripts must be able to log the errors in the log file.

3. In addition, Joximu right about the issue of sharing password. If I'm the owner of a domain name (ispCP account), I want no necessarily give access to the panel for another developer but just an Ftp access.

To resume:

I think that this tool should not be integrated in ispCP. Customers are free to put a copy of this library in their own DocumentRoot and use it.

I hope you understand my poor English here. Wink
06-24-2010 05:24 AM
Quote this message in a reply