Current time: 07-02-2024, 02:43 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Problem with routing email offsite
pstanbra Offline

Problem with routing email offsite
HI
I have dns for a domain externally.
BUT - i've also added the domain internally in ispcp so I can change the external dns to internal ispcp dns and reduce downtime .

BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM.

When I try to send an email to user@domain, the user does not receive the mail. I checked in the log and see this error.

User unknown in virtual mailbox table

okay so, it knows it has the domain internally and tries to route to a local mailbox. I have changed the domain info in bind and changed MX to the external email server. Still the same.

What am I missing.
06-29-2010 01:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pstanbra Offline

RE: Problem with routing email offsite
*bump*
07-13-2010 07:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Postfix doesn't check DNS settings when a domain is configured as local. Hence, you have to remove the domain from the local (virtual) domains table, by commenting it in files "/etc/postfix/ispcp/domains" and "/etc/ispcp/postfix/working/domains". Next, "recompile" the table with "postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains" and restart postfix ("/etc/init.d/postfix restart").

Done.
07-13-2010 07:46 PM
gyrertr Offline
Banned

We will be send email in an off site so many create a problem thus we will send a email domain but we will be recently used a new account and stopped a problem thus we will be check a domain table and set the path with routing thus we will be easy solved a problem.
07-23-2010 01:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

mods plz ban this user.
07-23-2010 07:10 PM
Nuxwin
Unregistered

(07-23-2010 07:10 PM)kilburn Wrote:  mods plz ban this user.

Sure Big Grin I've banned him Wink
07-23-2010 07:19 PM
Quote this message in a reply
toprngr Offline
Banned

Well, have you check on the user’s site? If the user can’t even login to the email that you have assigned to them, it might have been the root of the problem. It is either that the email hasn’t been created or there are some other possible problems that it might be causing. If everything is smooth sailing on the customer’s side, you should be checking on your emailing module, making sure that everything is in place, as I don’t have much clue as well. Hope it helps.
08-03-2010 05:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply