Current time: 04-20-2024, 03:54 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Auto-populate DNS
mike548141 Offline

Auto-populate DNS
Hi,

I was wondering if you had considered a feature to auto-populate DNS? Something that you could create the initial domain DNS entries from a template e.g. local web server + Google apps mail.

Then as you add/delete things like sub-domains you could have a tick box to automatically modify the subdomain in your DNS records for the domain

Cheers,

MC
06-10-2010 06:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

RE: Auto-populate DNS
(06-10-2010 06:26 AM)mike548141 Wrote:  Hi,

I was wondering if you had considered a feature to auto-populate DNS? Something that you could create the initial domain DNS entries from a template e.g. local web server + Google apps mail.

Then as you add/delete things like sub-domains you could have a tick box to automatically modify the subdomain in your DNS records for the domain

Cheers,

MC

Hello ;

Maybe I not understand you but ispCP create a DNS zone file with default resources records for each domains, subdomains that are added from the frontend. More informations please.
06-10-2010 07:17 AM
Quote this message in a reply
mike548141 Offline

Hi,

I'm thinking something like this
1) Create the domain in ispCP
2) A domain zone file is created and populated with the default names used e.g. http://www.domain.com, domain.com etc...
3) When sub-domains are added/removed the relevant DNS records are modified, similarly with alias domains
4) Option to add pre-defined record sets. Something that lets me define the DNS records for a service like Google Apps and then just tick a box on a domain and have it added to its DNS records, similarly so that I can update it in one location and have it update all the tagged domains with the new records for the service

Cheers,

MC
06-30-2010 10:11 PM
mike548141 Offline

Also could be quite cool if it displayed some WHOIS info in the domain info page (or a suitable location that was easy to see).

It would be great if it showed you things like, who is the registrar, what name servers are listed for the domain, when the domain is due to expire (paid till) from the registry... Maybe some expanding panels showing the owner, admin and tech contact details.

MC
07-10-2010 05:15 AM