Current time: 04-19-2024, 05:44 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

subdomains not worked
koffu Offline

subdomains not worked
Hello!
I have a problem with subdomains - all my queries to subdomain was captured by main domain. Main apache config has defined domain virtualhost and subdomain virtualhost, but in domain virtualhost was main problem -
Code:
ServerName      domain.com
ServerAlias     www.domain.com domain.com *.domain.com vu2004.127.0.0.1

Why developers was made this "feature", which is overlap all domain configuration???

BuildDate = 20100331
Version = 1.0.5 OMEGA
CodeName = Priamos

Is this possible bug? How to fix it in panel scripts, to make apache config normal?
08-03-2010 11:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: subdomains not worked
normally the subdomains are listet after the domain sos there's no problem with the "VirtualAlias *.domain.com" but in some situations this may fail.

If you want to prevent all the *.domain.com entries in future, fix the tpl in /etc/ispcp/apache2/parts/* (there are several files - use grep to find the right ones...).

And to remove the entries: you either do a reconfig (status => change etc...) or remove the entries in ispcp.conf AND the working copy: /etc/ispcp/apache/working/ispcp.conf

/J
08-04-2010 12:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
koffu Offline

Thank you for reply, you save my time!
Also about /etc/ispcp/apache/working/ispcp.conf and status => change - how to completely regenerate apache ispcp configuration from scratch without using any info from /etc/ispcp/apache/working/ispcp.conf
08-04-2010 01:42 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

??? I don't understand...

the working copy is the base for the next change - so if there is a change to be made by ispcp then the working copy is read, the changes are applied and the result is written to the original place (where the service reads is) and a copy is written to the working copy...

So, if you make manual changes on files which are controlled by ispcp then you have to also change the working copies....

Regenerate config: set the status of the domains to "change" and kick the request manager. this will rewrite the config for every domain - so if you have changed the templates then the new config should be as needed...

/J
08-04-2010 07:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
koffu Offline

where can I find template descriptions, which located in /etc/ispcp/apache/parts ?
09-14-2010 05:44 PM