Current time: 04-26-2024, 11:39 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

why there are no diff-patches?
rethus Offline

why there are no diff-patches?
I've seen the last upgrade 1.0.6 on this page: http://www.isp-control.net/download.html

I know, this upgrade from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 only have two till three security-fixes.
But why is the whole package to download - instead only a patch-file ?

Is there a howto, what to do, too upgrade ispCP step by step?
08-20-2010 02:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

RE: why there are no diff-patches?
Hello ;

It's more easy for new users to grab workable archive instead of grab a broken archive and asking us on the forum how to get and apply the patch.
08-23-2010 10:26 AM
Quote this message in a reply
rethus Offline

Mhh, why don't doing both of this?
I think, its much more dangerous to overwrite the whole application - then only a few files.
If u overwrite the whole files, you have to look for filepermissions... maybe some own changes are gone... and so on...
And if there would be a little easy wiki-entry which show the two commands who need to patch, i thing it would go easy - even for new users.
08-24-2010 02:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

It's not that easy.

When updating, we have to update the version number in ispcp at the very least. Additionally, updates (even "just some fixes such as this last release") also carry binary files (images for pma). These are just two quick reasons I've able to think just now, but I'm quite sure there are more.

Nevertheless, if you want to patch there's noone preventing you from going to the correspondent revision logs in trac, fetching unified diffs and manually applying them.
08-24-2010 03:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply