Current time: 05-04-2024, 05:36 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Possible to reacreate mail and ftp password-files?
Cheecoh Offline

Possible to reacreate mail and ftp password-files?
my current problem is that after an update my password files seems to be corrupt...

e.g. when i manually change a password on ispcp the mail account works...

i've tried to set status on sql-db to change/toadd but and then make a

Code:
/ispcp-rqst-mngr

but this dont helps ... should i delete the files somewhere and then re-try this procedure? if yes, where are the files located?
08-27-2010 07:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Possible to reacreate mail and ftp password-files?
You forgot to copy the keys as explained in step 5 of the upgrade procedure. The *db-keys* files store the keys used to encrypt passwords inside the database. Hence, as you forgot to copy the old keys they were replaced by new ones, and decrypting old passwords with the new key returns garbage instead of the original password.

If you have backups of the old keys, then you just have to restore them and re-set the passwords of the newer accounts (the ones you've changed after update). Otherwise, you will have to change all passwords from all accounts....
08-28-2010 02:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cheecoh Offline

@kilburn
thanks for posting on my next update ( think when 1.0.7 stable is outside ) i'll try the next Smile

bad for this is that ispcp automaticly overwrites config files like postfix which removed my restrictions for (not) receiving spams...
10-06-2010 09:27 PM
Nuxwin
Unregistered

(10-06-2010 09:27 PM)Cheecoh Wrote:  bad for this is that ispcp automaticly overwrites config files like postfix which removed my restrictions for (not) receiving spams...

Hello ;

It's because each time you run the ispcp-update script, all the configuration files are rebuilded from scratch. But, normally, you can found a backup in /etc/ispcp/postfix/backup/master.cf.timestamp. If it's not currently the case, I'll fix that in 1.0.7
10-07-2010 03:47 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Cheecoh Offline

Wow! Thanks Nuxwin! Thats awesome...

Found all old config files (needed some to "re"-generate some manually)...

/etc/ispcp/<daemon-name>/backup/<config.file.timestamp>

Think that should be part of Wiki (if its not actually) "how to find Backup-Conf files after a broken update"... or something similar to this
10-07-2010 06:03 PM
Nuxwin
Unregistered

Hello ;

No problem. It's always a pleasure to help. Also, thanks for your rating.

Note:

I know that normally, according Debian policy, we should not overwrite automatically the conffiles without asked the admin but we have chosen this way to process to be sure that ispCP run out of the box after update process. Better way is to provide section in conffiles that will leaved untouched but for some services like postfix, it's not very usable. So far, the better way is to provide backups. The admin can easily do a diff to see the changes between the new generated confliles and the backups.

Good luck with ispCP.
10-07-2010 06:40 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Cheecoh Offline

The rating is quite natural!

For my purpose it is not neccessary to ask the admin ( e.g. me )... but i spend a lot time to get the point out that the postfix conf file was changed.. maybe you should set only an message like. "The Update can change Config files for (list with tools). If you refer to your old config, please diff / merge it with your old one backed up in (path)"... my english is not as well but i hope you understand what i try to tell you..

i dont recognized the conf change after my update process, just some days later after starting my debugging why i'm receiving spammails and startet on spamassassin and so on, checking mail headers.. my last step was to check my restrictions on main.cf Smile
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2010 07:29 PM by Cheecoh.)
10-07-2010 07:28 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

There is a big warning at the beggining of the update process saying that all configurations will be regenerated, asking you if you want to continue... Wink
10-07-2010 08:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cheecoh Offline

(10-07-2010 08:31 PM)kilburn Wrote:  There is a big warning at the beggining of the update process saying that all configurations will be regenerated, asking you if you want to continue... Wink

oops, you've got me there... Smile
10-08-2010 05:21 PM
avnhenry Offline
Banned

The FTP server works just fine again in all other applications.I have read through every suggestion I could find about this issue on these forums with no luck at all.I should also mention I am using the most recent nightly build.He has another SCO box which he will use to re-create the floppy so we should be able to boot.
10-27-2010 07:14 PM