Current time: 04-23-2024, 04:21 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2nd webspace with subdomain
DirkHo Offline

2nd webspace with subdomain
Hi guys,

I call my ispCP Omega using the ip of my vserver. With the domain of my server I can only call a webpack.

Now, I'd like to install a development webpack, where I have a copy of the webpack with the domain and develop extensions for my cms,... before I bring it on the webpack with the domain.

Is there a possibility to configure the development webpack to be available under dev.example.org? If I try to create such a webpack I get the message, that this domain is already in use by another webpack.

Can I solve this problem anyhow?

Thanks and best regards,

Dirk
09-07-2010 03:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: 2nd webspace with subdomain
WTF is a webpack?

If you talk about the app installer... hm, maybe change the subject accordingly...

/J
09-07-2010 07:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gOOvER Offline
Banned

I think he means "Webspace" xD

Try to add dev.domain.tld as an coustumer. Don't forget to set the Wildcard in your DNS Wink
09-07-2010 07:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DirkHo Offline

Hi guys,

sorry for my response, but I had a lot of stress the last two month (with my studies,...).

@g00ver: You're right. In ispControl it's called "User" ("Benutzer anlegen") in German in the reseller view.

I tried to add an user with the url dev.example.org, but I get the message, but this domain already exists in the system.

Is there another possibility? How do the big hoster solve such problems. My hoster, HostEurope e.g. gives people, that don't order a domain at the beginning something like yourCustomerID.customerServer1.hostEurope.de.

Do I have a chance to do something like that with ispControl, too?

Thanks and best regards,

Dirk
10-18-2010 05:14 AM
DirkHo Offline

Has no one an idea how to solve this? Sad
10-20-2010 02:51 AM