Current time: 04-18-2024, 10:26 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[SOLVED] Update 1.0.5->1.0.6: doSQL(), msg: ERROR: Unable to connect SQL server !
heinzi Offline

[SOLVED] Update 1.0.5->1.0.6: doSQL(), msg: ERROR: Unable to connect SQL server !
Hello,

I just started the update from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 and got the following error message while running the perl update script:
Quote:DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: sys_command(), msg: Starting...
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: sys_command('/usr/sbin/a2ensite 00_master.conf &> /tmp/ispcp-update-services.log'), msg: Ending...
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: setup_gui_httpd(), msg: Ending...
Done
ispCP PMA configuration file:DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: setup_gui_pma(), msg: Starting...
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: get_file(), msg: Starting...
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: get_file(), msg: Ending...
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: setup_gui_pma(), msg: Ending...
Done
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: rebuild_gui_cfg(), msg: Ending...

Rebuilding all customers configuration files
Please wait, this may take some time:DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: rebuild_customers_cfg(), msg: Starting...
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: doSQL(), msg: Starting...
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: doSQL(), msg: ERROR: Unable to connect SQL server !
Failed
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: exit_msg(), msg: Starting...

FATAL: An error was occured during update process!
Correct it and re-run this program.

You can find help at http://isp-control.net/forum

DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: exit_msg(), msg: Ending...
I think that I made something wrong while step 5 of the update instructions:
Quote:5. Backup files
# cp -v /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-db-keys.pl /tmp/ispcp/var/www/ispcp/engine/
# cp -v /var/www/ispcp/engine/messenger/ispcp-db-keys.pl /tmp/ispcp/var/www/ispcp/engine/messenger/
# cp -v /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-db-keys.php /tmp/ispcp/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/
# cp -v /var/www/ispcp/gui/themes/user_logos/* /tmp/ispcp/var/www/ispcp/gui/themes/user_logos/
# cp -TRv /var/www/ispcp/gui/domain_default_page /tmp/ispcp/var/www/ispcp/gui/domain_default_page
# cp -v /var/www/ispcp/gui/tools/pma/config.inc.php /tmp/ispcp/var/www/ispcp/gui/tools/pma/
# cp -v /var/www/ispcp/gui/tools/webmail/data/* /tmp/ispcp/var/www/ispcp/gui/tools/webmail/data/

So I regenerated the ispcp-db-keys.pl by deleting the mysql password from ispcp.conf and running /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-db-passwd, but the error still is the same.
The mysql daemon is running.

What else could cause this error?

-Heinzi

edit:
I know that I made a mistake in step 5, because the ispcp-db-keys.pl files I copied there contained only {IV} and {KEY}. But after calling ispcp-db-passwd, they contain values. I made the same mistake for the other files of this step, but they shouldn't be that important, right?

edit2:
Here the log files in /tmp:
Quote:root@server:/var/www/ispcp/engine/setup# cat /tmp/ispcp-update-database.log
root@server:/var/www/ispcp/engine/setup# cat /tmp/ispcp-update-services.log
Site 00_master.conf already enabled
root@server:/var/www/ispcp/engine/setup#

solved it!

ispcp-db-passwd just writes the password to /etc/ispcp.conf and the perl update script just overwrites this file with ispcp.old.conf. So the changes by ispcp-db-passwd were overwritten every time.
I now copied the password hash into ispcp.old.conf (after running ispcp-db-passwd) and it works.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2010 04:56 AM by heinzi.)
09-09-2010 04:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply