Current time: 04-25-2024, 06:18 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nginx + VHCS
eugenesan Offline

RE: Nginx + VHCS
Hi,

Actually meanwhile I've added nginx/php support to off-topic Control Panel. I've used php with fpm patch, as fastcgi process manager.
It operates similar to suPHP.
If you want details contact me, I'll try to help.

(01-11-2009 07:48 PM)ceco91 Wrote:  I have started setting up the nginx but I cant make i work with php, using mod_fcgi I have read lots of HowTos but none of them help me. I came to the conclusion that I should compile php but now I cant do it so I search for other ways to set up nginx to work with php module.
01-12-2009 01:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ceco91 Offline
Moderators

I have installed and configured nginx and php works well but when i try to reach admin panel i receive this error:
Code:
Redirect Loop
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
Now I'm trying to fix it but by now i don't know what cause this. Does anybody have any clues ?
01-12-2009 04:24 AM
ceco91 Offline
Moderators

I fixed it with eugenesan's help. I just added this in fastcgi_params:
Code:
fastcgi_param  REDIRECT_URL     $fastcgi_script_name;

In default config REDIRECT_URL wasn't mention.
01-13-2009 03:59 AM
splitice Offline

Any chance of you releasing a patch or modified files for this, im working on a similar patch and just noticed that it had already been done.

Any time you can save me would be apreciate it. I am attempting to use a symlink from /etc/nginx/conf.d/ to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled, modified template files and some code edits for php5-fpm -- 5.3 dotdeb (apache model).

Any time you can save me would be apreciate, and yes I know the method I am utilising is ugly but its simple/effective.
07-09-2010 06:56 PM
xister Offline
Beta Team

have a look at this thead:
http://isp-control.net/forum/thread-8322...ight=nginx

maybe you can translate a litte bit with google Smile
07-09-2010 07:14 PM
splitice Offline

It appears that they are using apache proxy pass through (what I am using at the moment) Im looking at full nginx support.
07-11-2010 08:31 PM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

(07-11-2010 08:31 PM)splitice Wrote:  It appears that they are using apache proxy pass through (what I am using at the moment) Im looking at full nginx support.

For this - you'll have to create the templates accordingly - and what's one of the bigger problems - change the fastcgi part. Because there's no automatic launching of fastcgi processes possible with nginx.

There might be a way into it using php-fpm with newer php versions. But since there's actually no stable php release including the fpm (afaik) ,
i'd not recommend this for the average user.

If you're using fpm, then you can start 1 php process per user and have adaptive spawning active.
If you've a lot customers ( => 100 ) you should take into account, that every customer will take at least 15-20 Mb of your ram.
So it's not useful for small servers. The minimum amount of ram should be around 4gb to have reasonable performance (this should be standard anyway but ... ) .
07-11-2010 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Largo Offline

*cough* http://www.php.net/archive/2010.php#id2010-07-22-2 *cough*
It's totally part of php now. I'm running it with nginx on my vps right now, works great. I'd also like to mention that getting phpmyadmin to work with nginx is pretty damn easy too.
09-29-2010 11:30 PM
outbackdingo Offline

(09-29-2010 11:30 PM)Largo Wrote:  *cough* http://www.php.net/archive/2010.php#id2010-07-22-2 *cough*
It's totally part of php now. I'm running it with nginx on my vps right now, works great. I'd also like to mention that getting phpmyadmin to work with nginx is pretty damn easy too.

Question is are you still running it with apache ? or are you running pure nginx
10-01-2010 12:18 PM