Current time: 04-19-2024, 02:18 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates
Obi_Wan Offline
Dev Team

RE: Convert pTemplates into Smarty Templates
I'm just preparing a workspace to get working (still on a dialup connection currently).

One suggestion: I think logically it is better if we store compiled templates in a general cache folder. /cache or something and not hidden in the template folder. Then it would be easier to exclude that folder when you want to upload everything somewhere.
09-28-2010 06:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zpin Offline
Dev Team

Dialup is pretty oldschool Smile

The reasoning behind this is to have isolated themes. You want to delete a theme? Delete the folder, done.
Also, we might have multiple themes active at the same time if each user should be able to chose their theme. Although I guess Smarty would also handle fine that with a global compiled directory.
09-28-2010 10:38 PM
Obi_Wan Offline
Dev Team

Afaik Smarty should to its own garbage collection. It creates unique IDs for every template file in every folder. There should also bei somewhere an option to enable Smarty to create subfolders in its cache automatically. I hope I'm right there because it has been some time where I had to configure Smarty from scratch.
09-28-2010 10:41 PM
zpin Offline
Dev Team

Ok, this would be a quick change, though. In the mean time I think I checked all the .php/.tpl files at least I haven't found any fatal errors on any of the pages anymore. Also I checked most of the basic functionality.

Here's the latest patch. It applies to the latest trunk (r3348). I ask everyone who can and wants to to test it and the ispCP devs to evaluate integrating it into the trunk.

Also, HenrikS contacted me about the new theme. He's currently implementing it with the new smarty templates but could need some help since he doesn't have a lot of time. Anyone who would be up for that can contact him directly or post here.

Attached File(s)
.gz  smarty_patch.tar.gz (Size: 275 KB / Downloads: 12)
09-28-2010 10:51 PM
james4545 Offline

Im having real troubles with this, really dont know where to find out my problem, I think im going to have to give it up as a bad job to be fair, why cant this be simplified for lamers ? Help !!!!!!!!
09-30-2010 02:32 AM
ZooL Offline
Moderators

without information about the problem, not support.
09-30-2010 03:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

@Zool: I think it's a spam bot Wink
09-30-2010 03:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZooL Offline
Moderators

I always answer yet Big Grin
09-30-2010 05:09 AM
zpin Offline
Dev Team

Is anyone evaluating this for integration or would you be interested in giving me SVN access so I could do it?
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2010 09:28 AM by zpin.)
09-30-2010 09:16 AM
Nuxwin
Unregistered

Hello ;

The patch provide a wokring version for all level (admin, reseller, client) ? About svn account and rights on trunk, we can't giving you without a little test period. Maybe we can create specific branch for you. What is you Trac account name on our site ? You should have it to allow us to create svn account for you.
10-01-2010 12:22 AM
Quote this message in a reply