Current time: 04-20-2024, 07:09 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mail account already exists!
c0urier Offline

Mail account already exists!
Hi guys,

I've been searching around the forum but haven't been able to find a thread regarding this subject.
I'm trying to add the mail account abuse@DOMAIN.TLD, it says the mail account already exists, I can confirm it exists just not in the ispCP panel. When I send to the mail there is a configured mail forward to 3 mails addresses which I need to edit.
Does anyone have any hints on why this mail account is not listed in the panel?

If this is needed but I doubt it:
Sys: Linux Debian 5.0 Lenny
ispCP ver: 1.0.6 I've added the patches myself when they came.
Postfix: postfix/lenny uptodate 2.5.5-1.1
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2010 07:55 PM by c0urier.)
09-28-2010 07:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Mail account already exists!
There is a configuration variable (login as admin -> settings) that specifies if these default mail accounts have to be automatically created. If it's enabled, these accounts are created automatically, pointing to the user's e-mail address (as specified when creating the user), and do not appear in the panel to prevent the user from deleting them.

You might try changing the user's e-mail, but I'm not sure if this will also change the mail forwards :S Another alternative is to directly edit the postfix map (/etc/postfix/ispcp/aliases -and- /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/aliases). Don't forget to postmap the former one so that postfix actually applies the changes.
09-28-2010 07:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
c0urier Offline

RE: Mail account already exists!
Hi kilburn,

That did the job;
Edit: /etc/postfix/ispcp/aliases -and- /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/aliases

and postmap afterwards.

But a small suggestion.

Wouldn't it be nice to have an Option in ispCP to configure the abuse mail accounts in the admin panel?
Like I could see that since we have changed the resellers mail adr many users have different abuse redirects.

Ex:
DOMAIN1.TLD -> mdn@DOMAIN.TLD
DOMAIN2.TLD -> support@DOMAIN.TLD
DOMAIN3.TLD -> sales@DOMAIN.TLD

Hope you understand.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2010 08:18 PM by c0urier.)
09-28-2010 08:17 PM