Current time: 04-20-2024, 08:33 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
FAQ - Writers needed!
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

FAQ - Writers needed!
Who wants to take care of our faq ?

As we've seen on vhcs.net the absence of that is a major problem for all the folks outside that want to use our software....

It can be contributed in 2 different ways :
1) Write questions that should be answered (we answer)
2) Write questions and answers to that.

We've installed phpmyfaq - so we've a cute playground for that and usefull gui.
10-22-2006 02:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
MicCo Offline
Moderators

RE: FAQ - Writers needed!
I love to set an questionmark, so count me in!

Just jokeing, or am I, nope my normale job as Malte knows are as Custom Project Manager, and as that function I often have to see problems before they happens, so if I can be of any help as an Team member I'll volantier for the job.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2006 05:13 AM by MicCo.)
11-13-2006 05:12 AM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

well sorry, that i havn't answered yet your last mail - your help is more than welcome of course!
11-13-2006 05:35 AM
cmoboss Offline

You know... I do have a server kicking around here.. i do not have anything installed on it so i could throw debian on and take another million shots at installing the script and just posting my pleas for help.. .. .. leaving you fine folks the space to inform me of the proper method i should have taken or corrections needed in order to make it thru to a final install...

I just can not say for sure that i will be able to handle the excitment of ACTUALLY getting a response and having some real help.

man.. 2 months on .net and i am already bitter about the relationship!!

lmao

let me know if this idea appeals to your needs. will do what i can to assist.
11-25-2006 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user
RatS Offline
Project Leader

cmoboss, we need a vitual server, where we can test our newest versions. Would be nice, if you set it up and handel the data to us.
11-25-2006 08:52 AM
Daff Offline

Actually the FAQ (its still named X-Panel FAQ think you should rename it Wink looks a bit confusing to me. Is it possible to change the Categories? And of course I'm willing to answer questions if I'm able to.
11-25-2006 09:06 AM
openstream Offline

Hi there,

I've just been referred to this forum by Benedikt and would also like to contribute to the FAQ section.
I've written a new VHCS enduser manual some time ago based on the open document standard along with another document about how to write documentation in the same style. Unfortunately, the manual has never made it onto the vhcs.net website Sad
This documentation style has actually been inspired by the vast amount of TYPO3 documentation, one of the best documented open source projects I know of. They use open office documents and dynamically render these as HTML on the TYPO3 website. Everybody who writes new modules will normally supply at least a short piece of documentation in a predefined open office document which later on can be re-used in many ways.
Cheers,
Nick

.zip  vhcs-documentation.zip (Size: 662.14 KB / Downloads: 131)
11-28-2006 08:40 AM
Daff Offline

Well I really like the Idea with the ODF Documents. How is the Plugin called? You mean that you just upload your open office file and the webserver converts it to the file needed (should work with PDF and DOC, too)?
12-01-2006 05:56 AM
openstream Offline

The TYPO3 extension is called OOOConvDisplayer, but there are also generic PHP classes that could be used for the same purpose, e.g. ODT 2 XHTML:
Quote:This class can be used to convert OpenDocument document files (ODT) to XHTML.
It can open an ODT file, extract its contents and use XSL to transform the actual document into XHTML.
It requires the PHP Zip, DOM XML and XSL extensions.
12-01-2006 06:29 AM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

I must say, that I never have like the idea to force people to use specific applications to do an job as simple as read an document, so keep it in an standard type, please.

I also know TYPO3, and I know a lot of people who know TYPO3 too, and it's about 50/50 for and against it.

I'm very sure that the success of our ispCP will dependt on the Easy n' Simple for the user.
12-01-2006 08:13 AM
Thread Closed