Current time: 04-20-2024, 02:02 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Need a solution
soringo Offline

Need a solution
Hi guys.

I need a solution...I have a client with dns and web sites on my server and email server in his building.....the problem is that when another client try to send mail to one of this client user they get error message that the user is not knows in mail box table...is ok because postfix look for the mail box in his local db....I've tried to delete vmd entry from conf of postfix but no result...postfix still try deliver the mail localy.
I there a solution ?
08-20-2007 09:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
soringo Offline

RE: Need a solution
Sorry ...here what I wanted to say before:

I have two domains:
- domain1.tld
- domain2.tld

In dns domain1.tld have mail.domain1.tld IN A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, domain2.tld have mail.domain2.tld IN A yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is my server ip
yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy is client server.

When a user who have email address user@domain1.tld try to send mail to user@domain2.tld get the error message "user user@domain2.tld not in mailbox table".

We know that postfix looks in db files /etc/postfix/ispcp/*...and yes in this files user@domain2.tld doesn't exist because the email server for that domain is on my client machines.

How can I tell postfix to map or transport this emails to my client email server ?

I've try to delete vdm_entry in /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains , no result.

Thx.
08-20-2007 11:00 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

After deleting all entries "domain2" in /etc/postfix/ispcp/* you need to postmap ... the changed files...

eg, postmap domains

Maybe also the dns on the ispcp server has not the right MX entries...

/J
08-20-2007 11:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raphael Offline

Or just change the MX headers
08-21-2007 07:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

He also should delete anything referring the external maildomain from his postfix files.

I just made a test (because of ourt hijacking problem):
I deleted the domain gmx.net on my test ispcp-server but let the catchall for gmx.net in the postfix configuration. bind restart. postfix restart -> still the mails send from the system to gmx are going where I configured my hijacking account...

So, for postfix it's more than only the dns entries...
08-21-2007 08:32 AM
raphael Offline

Quote: but let the catchall for gmx.net in the postfix configuration
how did you keep the catchall in postfix's config?
08-21-2007 11:03 AM
soringo Offline

All your instructions was made before I wrote the message...MX headers are ok, MX entries in dns are ok, I know how to postmap after modification of a file....still no result.
08-21-2007 03:54 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

raphael Wrote:
Quote: but let the catchall for gmx.net in the postfix configuration
how did you keep the catchall in postfix's config?

I deleted the dns zone "gmx.net" manually - not in ispCP.

With this: all regular things work well (a nslookup to gmx is done the right way). But postfix doesn't need the dns if the configuration of postfix says: thes domain is local.

/J
08-22-2007 12:20 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

soringo Wrote:All your instructions was made before I wrote the message...MX headers are ok, MX entries in dns are ok, I know how to postmap after modification of a file....still no result.

There is a check:
sendmail -bv user@domain.tld
then root gets an email where it's written where the mail would be send. Then you know if postfix deals this domains locally or not.

After this you can look deeper the the configuration. If it's local, you have to find out if it's a DNS problem or postfix problem.

/J
08-22-2007 12:22 AM