Current time: 05-04-2024, 08:27 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MASSIVE PROBLEM
FransAlkeamde Offline

Exclamation MASSIVE PROBLEM
Hey Everyone, I attempted to install ispCP on my ubuntu server it didn't work properly the first time I ran the engine setup script because I didn't have courier, so I installed courier and then I ran the script again. Problem is that ispcp doesn't show up and now whenever I try to view a webpage instead of showing the page it downloads the source of the page and as this is a php website this is a BIG problem. Can anyone help me out?
11-06-2010 12:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

RE: MASSIVE PROBLEM
Is anybody that read instruction? In ispcp folder you will find a README that tells you that you must read INSTALL file from Ubuntu folder. There you find required software to make Ispcp work and instructions on how to install that software. Without wont work. Also do not ignore error messages. If something goes wrong, do not expect that everything is ok.
11-06-2010 12:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FransAlkeamde Offline

(11-06-2010 12:42 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  Is anybody that read instruction? In ispcp folder you will find a README that tells you that you must read INSTALL file from Ubuntu folder. There you find required software to make Ispcp work and instructions on how to install that software. Without wont work. Also do not ignore error messages. If something goes wrong, do not expect that everything is ok.
I didn't ignore any error messages I'm not an idiot. I read the README and the Install instructions for Ubuntu before I did anything. I also went through the online install help and did what all of them told me to do. Clearly when an error pops up there is a problem I didn't ignore any errors, all I did was read what the error was and attempt to fix it. I'm not going to worry with installing ispCP right now, my main problem is I need to know what it could have edited that would have effected my server's ability to display php files.
11-06-2010 02:08 AM
kassah Offline

Installing ispCP on an existing configuration is dangerous. I highly recommend reverting to backups of your configuration.
Also please post what version you installed.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2010 02:11 AM by kassah.)
11-06-2010 02:10 AM
FransAlkeamde Offline

So you are saying I should have installed ispCP instead of installing a LAMP server?
Sorry the version I installed was 1.06
I didn't realize the massive negative effect this could have on my server so I didn't back up all my configurations. I have all of my vhosts and such saved is there anyway that I can reinstall apache/php and get my server workign again?
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2010 02:13 AM by FransAlkeamde.)
11-06-2010 02:11 AM
kassah Offline

RE 1. ispCP is generally best installed on a freshly installed ubuntu, as for what options to select, you don't need to select any in the Ubuntu install, the instructions will install all needed components for you.
RE 3. *ALWAYS* backup. Like many of us, you're learning the lesson the hard way.

What probobly happened to your setup is that when you installed ispCP, it installed fcgi php, which may have caused problems with your existing mod_php setup (that LAMP installs by default). You either need to update your vhosts to use the fcgi or need to remove fcgi php and put mod_php back in.

As for future installs, I recommend installing in a freshly installed ubuntu with all options deslected during setup. The ispCP install instructions run your through installing everything needed for it. Although you may want openssh-server for management of the server via SSH =) (that's not included in the install, yet anyway).
11-06-2010 02:25 AM
sci2tech Away

(11-06-2010 12:35 AM)FransAlkeamde Wrote:  Hey Everyone, I attempted to install ispCP on my ubuntu server it didn't work properly the first time I ran the engine setup script because I didn't have courier, so I installed courier and then I ran the script again. Problem is that ispcp doesn't show up and now whenever I try to view a webpage instead of showing the page it downloads the source of the page and as this is a php website this is a BIG problem. Can anyone help me out?
How come that after you did
Quote:# sudo aptitude update && aptitude upgrade
# sudo aptitude install lsb-release
# sudo aptitude install $(cat ./docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-`lsb_release -cs`)
you ended without courier if there was no error?!! All required packages are in that file (/docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-lucid). If one package is not installed -> ispcp wont work!
do you have fastcgi installed? Just check with
Code:
ls /etc/apache2/mods-available
. I bet is not
11-06-2010 02:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FransAlkeamde Offline

No, it appears I don't can you tell me how to fix this so I can get this working?
I also didn't get 1.0.7 I got 1.0.6 because I didn't want a release client I wanted a stable release. So there was no lucid lynx.
I take that back I do have fastcgi installed.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2010 02:55 AM by FransAlkeamde.)
11-06-2010 02:51 AM
kassah Offline

There isn't much more we can do not knowing the original configuration of your machine. You have an idea of why it's failing, which hopefully gives you the tools you need to research and fix it.

If the vhosts with the problem content were created by ispCP, we might be of more help.

Sorry.
11-06-2010 05:49 AM