Current time: 04-20-2024, 11:41 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Installing Trac to an ISPCP system
tlsoft Offline

Installing Trac to an ISPCP system
Hello!

I've read a lots of articles about Trac, and how to install, but i can't figured out how could i install it via webbrowser (i'm not a python-expert). I installed mod_python, genshi, and easy_install, but i read it is possible to install without mod_python. I like to run it a sub-domain.

I know, it is possible to install, because the ispcp team uses it too.

Thanks for your help!
12-17-2010 07:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
motokochan Offline

RE: Installing Trac to an ISPCP system
Well, you could try running Trac as CGI, but it comes with the warning that it's very slow that way. You'll probably want to use the FastCGI method.

No matter what way you want to use Trac, you'll need to do some manual configuration of the virtual host for it. It's not going to be a simple click-through install.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010 01:46 AM by motokochan.)
12-18-2010 01:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tlsoft Offline

Yes, i saw this, but i didn't understand it, it's too high level for me. If i use this method, the mod_python didn't need?
12-18-2010 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
motokochan Offline

The issue with something like mod_python is that it removes the security-separation of mechanisms like suEXEC. With a module, all code is executed inside the web server. If you have multiple sites, this can be used to break into them if there is just a problem with one.

I recommend using FastCGI (via fcgid) if only for bit of extra security that goes with it. You do not need mod_python in that case.
12-20-2010 09:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

we even use tracd and proxy to it.

This is the the best thing for us in terms of : no hazzling with different fcgid handlers, no huge module loaded into apache2 (like python + trac) .

And independent processes + trac on port 8000 i.e. is possible as user vu2002 or any other and can then sit and eat all your ram Wink ( trac is a mem-pig Big Grin )
12-23-2010 05:13 AM