Current time: 04-19-2024, 11:19 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

User signup and domains?
arpoodle Offline

User signup and domains?
I've had a trawl through the docs, and the forums, but can't see this mentioned anywhere, so either it doesn't exist or I'm being thick.

Is there anywhere for an end user to sign up themselves, or does a user always have to be created by an admin/reseller?

I'd like to have a "register" page where a new customer can sign up and create all their relevant domain/email info.

I recognise that this is of limited use unless domains are transferred in, or there's a mechanism to register domains from within the system, but for me there is a usecase for self registration.

On the subject of domains, there has been some talk about integration with ispcp and domain registration.

I use openSRS, and I believe they have an API/storefront.
Anyone know how difficult it would be to link the API into ISPCP and create domain registration facilities?

tia

a
12-30-2010 11:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
motokochan Offline

RE: User signup and domains?
I believe there is kinda a "frontend" if you go to "/orderpanel/". I'm not sure how maintained that is.

Integrating with an external API is a bit beyond my knowledge with the software. Depending on how things are handled, it can be more or less easy.
12-31-2010 07:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply