Current time: 04-17-2024, 06:11 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cron support
sema Offline

Cron support
It would be nice to have cronjob support, there is a interface for this but the VHCS engine is currently not supporting this feature.
02-02-2007 03:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kermit Offline

RE: Cron support
sema Wrote:It would be nice to have cronjob support, there is a interface for this but the VHCS engine is currently not supporting this feature.

Good point. Have you esperienced some web-interfaces for cron and could help us choose something good? We could include a skinned version of a good interface in the future releases of Omega...
02-02-2007 10:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

Indeed - the templates are ready - but there are some things to think over before implementing - the first one :
- What about security ?
if someone is using cron's they've to be executed like cgi-bin's but most of us will have disabled this feature atm because it is horrible insecure because every user may execute scripts without being chrooted etc.

- Shall cronjobs only consist of php-scripts executed ? so that the php.ini gets used or maybe a url is triggered ... would that help ?
02-02-2007 08:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sema Offline

I have used hosts where you could get PHP-scripts executed by url, and other hosts where i could make cron-jobs to trigger PHP scripts with the PHP CGI. (you can get the PHP CGI to use a php.ini file, but i do not know if you can get it to use the open_basedir security feature in PHP)

The PHP-script by url should be easy to implement, but it would be nice to execute scripts under the webroot, so the script could not be triggered by users.

Interface:
The interface could be split up into two user groups, the beginner and the experienced. Writing commands for the cron can be hard for people not familiar with the syntax, so dropdown boxes or select boxes would be nice, but if you are experienced with cron setup then a simple text input would be faster to use. If i remember correctly then CPanel had both a expert and novice input page.

It could be possible to control the commands the user can get cron to execute if the command part were a dropdown box, so the user could select /usr/bin/php5 and /usr/bin/php4 and then write the path to the script, but still the php scripts could execute system calls if not disabled.
02-02-2007 11:27 PM
Alexey Offline

about security
when user add new job in crontab we can do this steps
a)
put username in line
for exam
*/15 * * * * vu2001 <comand>
it's means that command will started under vu2001

or when job adds to cron
run
crontab -u vu2001

it's will put comand into cron for user - vu2001 and run under his rights
02-03-2007 03:33 PM
RatS Offline
Project Leader

There is an cron manager written for VHCS but never published, if you need the code, write me a PM with your eMail.
02-03-2007 06:31 PM