Current time: 05-05-2024, 12:10 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[SOLVED]SMTP Problem
Martini Offline

Exclamation [SOLVED]SMTP Problem
Hello.

I have a strange problem with my postfix. When I connect to my server using web interface, everything is fine - I can receive and send messages, but when I do the same thing on a mail client, such as Outlook and Outlook Express, I can receive my mail both in SSL and non-SSL mode, but I can only send using non-SSL SMTP on port 25, when I try to use SMTP-SSL on port 465, the client stalls - it is trying to validate, and then eventually quits. I don't know why SMTP-SSL doesn't work - ISPCP shows all smtp daemons UP. On the other hand however I don't see line STARTTLS when I send ehlo localhost command to postfix.
Please advice,
Martini
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2011 04:51 AM by Martini.)
02-08-2011 02:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tomhb Offline

RE: SMTP Problem
(02-08-2011 02:55 AM)Martini Wrote:  Hello.

... I can receive my mail both in SSL and non-SSL mode, but I can only send using non-SSL SMTP on port 25, when I try to use SMTP-SSL on port 465, the client stalls - it is trying to validate, and then eventually quits. I don't know why SMTP-SSL doesn't work - ISPCP shows all smtp daemons UP. On the other hand however I don't see line STARTTLS when I send ehlo localhost command to postfix.

Take a look in your main.cf of postfix.
To get mail and send mail is different, and made by different daemons. When your POP/IMPAP-Daemon for getting mail ist working, fine, now you have to this with postfix to send mail too. Search the forum or Documentation of ispCP for doing this.

Tom
02-11-2011 12:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply