Current time: 05-06-2024, 10:06 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nameservers
thelongmile Offline

Nameservers
Hello!

I'm fairly new to the world of control panels, and after a day of messing around, I finally settled on installing ispCPOmega onto my Centos 5.5 release, unfortunatley I had to use 1.0.6 instead of 1.0.7 because of the difficulties updating to perl, so please be gentle!

I have a single server at the moment which has been built from scratch and ispCP installed. So far, everything seems ok, however the next task for me is to work out how a customer can buy a domain from the likes of godaddy (I have a testing domain to play with) and point the nameservers to the server that has ispCP (for reference, this is rhea.thelongmile.net)

Unfortunatley, this is where my knowledge stops, other than the fact that actually I need two nameservers.

I have no idea how to tell rhea.thelongmile.net that it's a nameserver, and in fact when I did point godaddys first and second nameservers to rhea.thelongmile.net (I added a second DNS entry to try and cheat, so rheans.thelongmile.net also points to the same server) it states they are not registered.

This is just me playing, but I'd really appreciate some help on getting this to work.

I do have access to another server also running centos5.5 but it's currently being used as a webserver, however if it's possible for it to also act as a nameserver, I'll be happy to do it (although I don't know how).

If anyone has any help, advice or even a guide, I'd be very grateful!

The panel looks gorgeous and is really easy to use as well, so I'm really pleased with this so far, much better than some others that I've tried!

Many thanks!
02-13-2011 07:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RouterRat Offline

RE: Nameservers
Same here, I am trying it on Debian Squeeze.

System checks
* Mysql server connection: [ Failed ]
03-21-2011 04:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply