Current time: 05-06-2024, 04:16 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Running SMTP on multiple ports
ShinZan Offline

Running SMTP on multiple ports
So obviously SMTP is running on port 25 by default and we are using smtp authentication but the problem comes from ISP's who block port 25 across the board.

I would like to select an alternate port to run smtp on in addtion to the default 25 this way customers on qwest, suddenlink, verizon, frontier and other isps that block 25 can still use outlook at home instead of being forced to use webmail when out of the office.

Godaddy does the same thing for their email hosting and gmail has alternate ports too which makes it perfect to circumvent this problem.

I assume it would mean 2 daemon's running together on on 25 and the other on say 2500 or something like that. Can anyone point me in the best direction for this?

I am running ispcp 1.0 on Debian 5.0, I'm assuming this is more of a debian question that an ispCP question but I ask in the this forum to make sure there are no gotchas with they way ispCP operates with Debian and I am not an extreme Linux Guru. Any Howtos out there on this topic?

LOL

and of course as soon as you post you find the answer
587 inet n - - - - smtpd -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject_unauth_de$

in /etc/master.cf

was already added so it already supports port 587 as an alternate smtp port

Thanks!

David
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2011 09:26 AM by ShinZan.)
02-21-2011 09:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply