Current time: 05-05-2024, 06:41 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Possible to change a domain name?
MrMike Offline

Possible to change a domain name?
I'm not sure if this question is in the right area; if not, my apologies and please feel free to move it to a more appropriate board.

My question is pretty straightforward: is it possible to change a domain name once it's been created in ispCP?

That is, let's say I create a domain named "foo.com", and later I want to change it to "bar.com". Is this possible, or is this the kind of thing that makes people wince when they hear of it?
02-23-2011 11:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrMike Offline

RE: Possible to change a domain name?
Okay, well, thanks for all the help.
02-26-2011 02:54 AM
mydebians Offline

Hi, delete the first one, and create the second its seems the best way
02-26-2011 05:05 PM
MrMike Offline

(02-26-2011 05:05 PM)mydebians Wrote:  Hi, delete the first one, and create the second its seems the best way

Thank you, mydebians, but this is specifically what I'm trying to avoid if at all possible.

I don't want to delete the domain and lose all the content, databases, users, and settings for things like FTP, mail, protected areas, etc. I would just like to change the name of the domain, if possible.

If all of the settings for a domain are held entirely in the ispcp database, I could probably create a script that would go though and change everything, but I don't know if there are any flat files that get written to, or other settings (i.e. Apache, conf files, etc) that would need to be changed as well.
02-27-2011 12:08 AM