Current time: 04-19-2024, 06:26 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VHCS support section on the forum
rsmithgs Offline

VHCS support section on the forum
Bet your thinking "noooooooooooo not vhcs, it's evil".

Hear me out lol

There have been a few VHCS queries on these forums recently, these people obviously opted for VHCS when it was under active development and had an active support community but this is obviously now not the case. They come here for 2 reasons:

ISPCP Omega was born from the ashes of VHCS

There is promise of the ability to upgrade VHCS installations with ISPCP Omega when finished.

And we say "Sorry this is a ISPCP Omega forum and we don't support VHCS"

The answer to that is "Not a problem, when will ISPCP be ready so I can upgrade?"

"It will be ready when its ready" often the answer

and I'm sure a few have thought "Well can't continue with no support, I will go use something else" which is a shame.

Now I'm not saying that the ISPCP team should start officially supporting VHCS but there are a lot of users here that are quite experienced with VHCS and have used it for a long time that could help with possible VHCS queries until ISPCP Omega is stable. I believe having a small VHCS forum section would:

Help remove the pressure of releasing a stable ISPCP Omega in a short time frame from the Dev team.
Make sure existing VHCS users stay apart of this community.
Could also do VHCS2 install recommendations for new servers to help future upgrades to ISPCP Omega go smoothly.

Anyways just a suggestion, please don't flame me Smile
09-07-2007 10:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RatS Offline
Project Leader

RE: VHCS support section on the forum
The main reason why we distance from VHCS is the way we were kicked out and knocked out in the run for the name. Neither Alexander Kotov nor the holder of the trade mark gave us a real chance, so we won't.
09-09-2007 06:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Besides, there is a good website with support for vhcs (and ispcp) - but it's in german.

I think someone there will be able to help...
09-09-2007 09:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rsmithgs Offline

RatS Wrote:The main reason why we distance from VHCS is the way we were kicked out and knocked out in the run for the name. Neither Alexander Kotov nor the holder of the trade mark gave us a real chance, so we won't.

yeah I remember all that business Sad

joximu are you willing to give out the name of this site, may be worth diverting people there if they have a vhcs related question
09-09-2007 06:45 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

ups, sorry, didn't want to hide that information...

http://www.myvhcs.de/

Cheers
J

Edit:
Also have a look at
http://www.vhcs.pl/
http://vhcs.puuhis.net/
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2007 07:38 PM by joximu.)
09-09-2007 07:30 PM
rsmithgs Offline

cool, so when people come looking for vhcs help we can point them somewhere Smile

And then ask them to come back when ispcp is stable lol
09-09-2007 07:41 PM