Current time: 04-30-2024, 03:23 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

User Creation
w4rh0und Offline

User Creation
Hi

I am looking at the moment for a CP to use since i am getting sick of creating all the settings manually, so i have installed an image to test it out, and so far GJ guys!!!

I have a couple of questions though:

Is there a way to create clients directly without the need of a reseller?

Can the username be changed for a user? Since using domain.com as a username is a little annoying.

Is there a way to disable the mail hosting for the server since i am needing it mostly for web/ftp

Thank you
03-18-2011 03:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Qwalk Offline

RE: User Creation
(03-18-2011 03:49 AM)w4rh0und Wrote:  Is there a way to create clients directly without the need of a reseller?

I don't think so. You will need a Reseller account for this. Also it is more safe to use a separate account for administration for settings etc., and a separate account for creating users, hosting plans etc.

(03-18-2011 03:49 AM)w4rh0und Wrote:  Can the username be changed for a user? Since using domain.com as a username is a little annoying.

I don't think so either. Every domain has it's own user.

(03-18-2011 03:49 AM)w4rh0und Wrote:  Is there a way to disable the mail hosting for the server since i am needing it mostly for web/ftp

Yes. When creating a hosting plan place a -1 @ mail accounts for disabling mail administration for the user. Then assign this hosting plan to a user, or edit existing user and place -1 @ mail accounts.

In this way when the user logs in, there is no "mail" link at the top.

You can also manually disable the postfix service, bud I wouldn't do that since ispCP sends mails regarding Warnings, errors etc. to the admin user-email.
03-18-2011 07:15 PM
w4rh0und Offline

RE: User Creation
The the reseller account is ok, not a problem since i don't want to give admin accounts to anyone.

The domain.com username is a little annoying but i can leave with it.

Thx for the info on mail Smile

And thx for answering Smile
03-19-2011 02:25 AM