Current time: 05-06-2024, 11:59 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

post install instructions
Megalith Offline

post install instructions
Hi all,
This is probably a very basic question but i found no instructions on how to test the installation on my remote browser.

So i think i installed the software on my server, but i have no idea how to login to my ispCP? i know with cpanel i could use something like {mysite}/cpanel:{port} so how do i log on to my server with this?
03-24-2011 07:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: post install instructions
Just point your browser to whatever name you chose during the installation. If it doesn't work, try using the server's IP instead.
03-24-2011 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Megalith Offline

(03-24-2011 09:40 PM)kilburn Wrote:  Just point your browser to whatever name you chose during the installation. If it doesn't work, try using the server's IP instead.
hmmmm,ok this is a complicated one.

On my server i have an existing site stored under root/home/www.{websiteName}.

The ispCP has placed itself under root/var/www/ispcp (followed installation for a centOS install)

If i was to move the ispcp directory to my root/home/{websiteName} folder would i be able to access ispcp by using www.{websiteName}/ispcp ?

Would my best option be to move the existing site to the var/www folder and would my dns find it in the new location?
Sorry if this is a lil nonsensical but this is my first time with a dedicated server, i'm used to having VPS with built in cPanel but this is a server i have inherited and i wish to simplify the site admin and emails which is where ispCP comes in.
03-25-2011 12:07 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Ispcp is not supposed to be installed on an already-working system. In fact, it fiddles with the server's configuration so much that you should not be able to access your old website anymore. If you can, it means that something failed during the installation.

If you really want to use ispcp, then you would have to backup the website, resintall the server from scratch (using a bare debian distro for the best results), and then create the website from the panel and upload the data again.
03-25-2011 12:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Megalith Offline

(03-25-2011 12:40 AM)kilburn Wrote:  Ispcp is not supposed to be installed on an already-working system. In fact, it fiddles with the server's configuration so much that you should not be able to access your old website anymore. If you can, it means that something failed during the installation.
yikes- the boss would not have been impressed lol... ok so best option is to back up the site externally and start from scratch? thanks for the response.Wink
03-25-2011 12:57 AM