Current time: 05-08-2024, 08:36 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Restoring backups
cmendes0101 Offline

Restoring backups
I'm having a little trouble finding the right information.

Is there a built in feature to restore backups of ispcp? I see that it has been backing up at /var/www/ispcp/backup the configs and sql.

I tried searching but I only found the how to about backup-restore that seems to be not built in so was just hoping there is a built in restore since it backs up automatically.
04-27-2011 06:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: Restoring backups
on .../client/backup.php you also have the option of restoring the backup which is in the backup-folder

/J
04-27-2011 08:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmendes0101 Offline

Wouldn't that just be restoring the domain?

My server crashed and only have access the files. It looks like ispcp backed up its own configuration(aside from the domains/clients) and would like to restore that.
04-28-2011 03:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

ah... sure.

ok, in /var/www/ispcp/backups you have config_backup...tgz which is a backup of /etc (or /etc/ispcp?) - and the ispcp-....sql.gz which is a dump of the ispcp database...

have a look at the files and restore the data.

Careful: the 3 key files (db-key*) are not in the backup - they are needed for the encryption. So hopefully you have a backup of the /var/www/ispcp/gui|engine folder...

and also the data from squirrelmail are not backed up...

/J
04-28-2011 08:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply